Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am new to the boards and understand I need to post something so here it is

I do have a technical question about installing an accessory outlet on my GL 1800 which I started but am having trouble finishing,however, I need to get in there this weekend so when I do post the question I can have a half way intelligent description to give all of you so that you can try to help!

Mark

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi mark pull up a chair and welcome to the forum this can be addictive

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

hello not sure about 1800 but my 1200 installed on rt side identical to where headlight adjust is on left be sure to fuse close to bat. search posts i know i have seen instal for 1800 but can't say where. good luck:waving::action:

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
imported post

Hi,
Welcome to the best Goldwing site I have found. The resources here are surprising. Do a search on whatever you are interested in and chances are you will find your answer. If it has not been covered already there are many knowledgeable people here that are very willing to help out.
WELCOME ABOARD from sunny SoCal(where it is overcast with a chance of showers),
Greg

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

Welcome. The left pocket has 4 fasteners that you push in on the center with a blunt screw driver. Then carefully pull the plastic fasteners out without letting them drop into the steering well. You'll see a rubber boot that covers a 12 volt connector as well as a connection for a auxillary input to your radio. Wingstuff.com sells a couple different outlets that you can install right into the front of that same pocket.

Mike Thomas

Pennsylvania

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.