Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
gl1800
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined, so.... Started riding on a Yamaha 80 back in 66. Graduated to a Yammy 305 then to a Suzuki 500 Titan in 75. I went through 2 Viragos before I decided I was too exposed on the highway. First and only accident was in 66 when an idiot in a 63 Pontiac decided to plow in to me. I went 35 feet, the bike 40, thus my fear of exposure. I found a Goldwing 1100 Aspencade, rebuilt and repainted then drove it for a few years. My doctor had 2 1500's so he sold me one of them. I had to give away the 1100 as I couldn't find a buyer. About 5 years ago I stripped the 1500 down for cleaning and updating. My misfortune. I blew out my knee and couldn't continue the job. Again, no buyers so it sits in my shop. I wanted to do some riding so I located a nice 1800 and picked it up for a good price. Again, stripped down and upgraded it with full LEDs everywhere and a bunch of other upgrades and repairs. A previous owner dropped it and cracked one of the rear view mirror shells. I have looked everywhere for a replacement but I have been unable to find a pair of yellow shells. Temporary fix were a set of chrome items but I don't like them much. Hope to do some trips this summer. Thanks for accepting me to the group. BTW, I'm retired (10 years ago) and move to Perth Ontario and live in a log house in the country.

·
Premium Member
80,581 Posts
Hallo caryhon139

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts