Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I would like some feedback on something. I have some special edition helmets, bags, and trailer that all match my bike. Both helmets are large, and they fit me just fine, but my wife needs a small and the second one just wont work. Would anybody even consider selling the second helmet, the luggage that is virtually new, or the trailer? Here are some pics of everything corresponding.

Is this just a horrible sin against the wing and everything that is holy to even think about it?

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
imported post

That's a really nice looking rig. Keep it together. Your wife needs a helmet that fits her. Just buy another helmet that matches the style and fits her. Go from there. You may need to get some painting done on the helmet.

Then ride and enjoy,

Lyle

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,657 Posts
imported post

I agree, keep it all together.

Just get her a helmet that fits, and if she wants the color to match, have it done.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

+1 it looks too nice to sell just one piece.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Ok I think its pretty much unanimous, it all stays together no matter what! One of my best friends in high school has a brother that does custom painting. but the only problem is there is a $450 minimum on helmet painting. hopefully he will give me a deal ;) http://www.tkcustoms.com/

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I would love to say SELL!!! Sell it fast and sell it cheap.........

But I can't....... However it does match my bike, so if you do.......

But I wouldn't break it up.

The matching helmets that came with my bike were never worn and the inside foam is mush..... just falling apart. Someday, I'll find some lining to put into them, but in no hurry since I think they are not as good a helmet that is being made today, I mean, their 26 years old.

I'm looking at these for my wife and I. They do have the Goldwing colors (Gold for me) but I may just go with the white.

This is the cheapest I have ever seen these helmets.

http://www.jafrum.com/Shop-By-Brand/Vega-Open-Face-Helmets/Vega-Helmets-Vega-NT-200-Helmet-White

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
imported post

My wife and I got the Vega-NT-200 helmets in the Champagne color and they govery nice with the se-i ivory color.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Those helmets look pretty old... just collector's items; I wouldn't depend on them to save my life in an accident. Get a new set of matching helmets for you and the misses.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

This is not a plug for Jafrum or Vega Helmets but I have to give Kudo's when they are deserved.

I got the 2 helmets today. I hate ordering things that have a size to them online, ya just never know, but for $45 each helmet, it was worth a shot. These helmets are fantastic! They are true to size and extremely comfortable. Of the 5 helmets that I have, This beets all of them for comfort and wearing while riding, wind resistance and noise. The Honda-line headsets that I have fit right into them. They even have little padded pockets that Velcro closed for the speakers. I would highly recommend these helmets if your in need of one.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Those helmets look pretty old... just collector's items; I wouldn't depend on them to save my life in an accident. Get a new set of matching helmets for you and the misses.
+1

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Yeah, don't use THOSE helmets! They are degraded from age I'd guarentee. You could easily get new helmets painted like the originals. Those old ones are super nice collectors items, and that's about it. I spent alot of time on MC accidents in my career, and they can mean the difference in life or ... well, you get the picture. AZ1500 basically was saved from certain brain damage or death because he had a good helmet, when he got run over by a huge truck! Don't chance it! You have a super rig, by the way! Good luck with your helmet shopping! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Oh yeah, you could get the base color done, and have vinyl graphics made to match the old ones. Any FastSign shop or vinyl sign shop could do it. Then have them clearcoated. Just a thought. Masking and painting the contrast panels is where you spend the bucks. I think the originals were stick on panels as well. jimsjinx

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

jimsjinx wrote

"AZ1500 basically was saved from certain brain damage" You sure???:action::action::action::action::action::action:

Just joking.

Get two new helmets, those are toast. Stick with the full face. Be careful about painting, not all helmets take well to being painted..

Great looking rig. Maybe you can donate the luggage to the next NASSIR auction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.