Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have been experimenting with different positions of my backrest, and I noticed that the backrest caused me to sit a bit more upright. In fact, the top of the windshield crossed my vision line at about 40 feet out front. I liked this new view, since previously,I was looking thru too much of the windshield and the top line was hampering my view.

The downsideto this was that I found that at highway speeds, the top of my helmet was up in the slipstream and my head was being buffeted more than I like. I have a slipstreamer windshield, but I assume that this would happen with any windshield if you get too high. I am bringing myself down lower in increments to where I get a good compromise.(hopefully)

I think I have read where the windshields are a bit adjustable in height but have not investigated that yet. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

I have a hack saw you can borrow:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

I hate helmets on the highway anyho should be outlawed

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

I agree. Helmets on the highway are very dangerous, especially if you hit one. Better have one on your head too, if you hit one.:D

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

lets see helmet ; head and brain doing 70 mph helmet; head stop brain doesn't helmet ; head survive brain doesn't no brainer

I agree helmets in city good idea idiot drivers around but over 50 mph USELESS

heatstroke;vision weight just a few of negatives oh yeh hearing as well

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

"lets see helmet ; head and brain doing 70 mph helmet; head stop brain doesn't helmet ; head survive brain doesn't no brainer"

Run that again, I must be missing something.

Even at 70 mph, your head may not hit anything butthe asphalt and a helmetcan save you. It did to me, when I was about 19 years old.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hawker22 wrote:
I think I have read where the windshields are a bit adjustable in height but have not investigated that yet. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Not a lot of adjustment there. I never noticed the problem with my 1200, the sight line to the ground over the windshield was about 55' ahead so it might have been a bit higher than yours in relation to my height of eye. My windscreen was the stock model.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

http://www.saeng.com/4000.htmHave any of you tried this product on your windscreen? They seem to make the claim that this edging will reduce buffeting and direct rain away. Stuffs expensive at $13 a foot but if it works, it might just be worth it.

They also sell a deflector for the top of the windscreen I see.

Regards,

Hobie

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Thanks. I guess then, that it may not be worth the time to try to raise my screen a bit. I have gotten my backrest adjusted to a position that allows me to sag more into the seat and I have come down a bit lower and out of the slipstream. But I am back to the top being back in my sightline. Also took up a bit of my wifes back seat space and she has already squawked. I gotta say that she is a gamer to go at all as she was never much for this sort of thing. Just this weekend she was telling friends of all the ways that I have tried to kill her--downhill skiing, sailing, flying, gliding, ATVing, and now biking.

I guess that it will just be a matter of me finding the right combo. I DO want to maintain the ability to peek over the top when necessary.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

If you want to see over the windshield then you are going to get some air buffeting your helment or head, I put a tall windshield on for just that reason to stop the wind buffeting my helment. Lots of guys want to see over the shield and want the wind in their face, which is nice, but to me having my head shock around made it hard tosee the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.