Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi All

We have J&M 5 pin comms in our helmets that worked fine including the vox facility.

When we use them on the 1800 we can both here radio/Satnav/cd player but not each other!

Any ideas out there?

Thanking you in anticipation

Valian2007

PS enjoying the 1800 although it is noiser!:smiler:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I-com on?

There is a volume control for the I-com.

There is also a sensitivityfor the I-com.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi there,

Yes Icom on, don't know about sensitivity, waiting for owners manual to arrive.

Thanks for quick reply
Valian2007

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

While you're wainting on the manual, perhaps this bit fromHanko will help:

Hanko wrote:
... with the intercom turned on (press the intercom button once and the intecom icon will show up on the display) you need to press the volume knob down once and the intercom volume will show up in the display. Pressing it a second time it will display the intercom mute, the higher the number the easier it is for the intercom to mute the radio as you are talking.

I typically have to keep the intercom up around 16-18 (max is 20) for the wife to hear me as we are running down the road. To turn the intercom back off press and hold the intercom button down until the intercom icon in the display disappears, usually 2-3 seconds.

If you have done this and you still cannot hear each other in the headsets check the connections where they are just under the tupperware.

Henry
(content stolen from a similar thread http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/123715.html)

:waiting:I know I'd go batty "waiting" for the damned instruction manual :readit:

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hi All

Sorted!!! Took out the left hand front pocket and found an Autocom box! and one under the seat! These have been disconnected and communications now up and running. Big thank you to Dave T and Dave L of GoldWings North Wales.:banana::banana:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

That was a stroke of good fortune, you should be able to sell the Autocoms.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
imported post

see you had the same problem i had when i got my 1800
took forever to figure it out, glad yours didnt take to long

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.