Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Good day to all,

I took she who must be obeyed for her first long run yesterday on the Interstate and a couple of points were raised upon our return.

1) She enjoyed the run so much upon arriving home she got straight on the computer to search the dealers for a new 'wing. After telling her how much one would costbut wanting to strike while the iron was hot we finally settled on looking at some early 2000 models.

2)Whatever happens we need an intercom system. We both have brand new HJC full face helmets. The interstate we have at presenthas plugs already fitted to accept headsets. I would like to ask members of this site for their thoughts on what type of intercom system to purchase and where from.

Regards to you all.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey cbhon :waving: Well done. :clapper:Delighted "She who must be obeyed" enjoyed the run. :jumper:This run is going to cost you a lot of $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ :skipping:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

We both had a lot of fun back in the sixties on Hondas back in England when we were a couple of courting teenagers and now that the kids have flown the nest it is time to have fun again. I cannot believe how keen she is, and after 35 year of marriage I thought I knew everything about her, just goes to show. As for the money,, can't take it with you.

Regards,

John S.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

As a road worn vet, with what's her name riding every inch of the way with me........my philosophy is. I have to listen to her when we're stopped. Why in the world would I put myself in a position where I would have to listen to her on the road?:gunhead:

If they have an option to flap their gums, they will, it is their birth right and nothing we can do about that. Adding technology to enhance, or further enable them is a detriment to our peace of mind.:action:

There will be long lonely stretches of road where a certain amount of boredom will enter the picture. It will be moments like this that your headphones will be filled with the sound of things like "painting the kitchen, the kid's college fund, what do you think of Bill and Mable, are we there yet?":jumper:

Proceed cautiously

Kyle

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

You can make your own or buy them. Quite a few articles and posts here on doing both. Personally I believe J&M to be far overpriced, but many do not want to play with the intricacies of building their own headsets. Installation in your helmet is actually maddeningly simple.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

cbhon wrote:
As for the money,, can't take it with you.
Hey cbhon :waving:Thats what i always say. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

For quite awhile, the reverse psychology worked - me not wanting an intercom setup but suggesting we should get one sort of thing and meeting the expected and hoped for resistance. After last year's trip, however, my bride suggested it might be a good idea after all. Even the threat of my singing could not dissuade her! Anyway, I bought an inexpensive Chatterbox system and while not hooked up yet - delaying tactic - I'm hoping it won't be all she expected and the thought will vanish. I much prefer being quiet on the road.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
imported post

I solved the problem with her on the back quite easily - dont take her anymore and i can sing away to my hearts content LOL

regards

Phil

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Phil wrote:
I solved the problem with her on the back quite easily - dont take her anymore and i can sing away to my hearts content LOL
Hey Phil :waving: No you cant do that. :whip:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.