Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi ya all. Is there a site that will give all of the states helmit laws.:action:

Thanks

Greg

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Canada is the easiest, Wear em or pay huge from coast to coast!

i think Mexico when you get caught, you pay once and your good all day!

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

oh yeah............. to wear a helmit or not, I think it shud be up to the individual. Just more gov keeping the average man down.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
imported post

Dancinbear wrote:
oh yeah............. to wear a helmit or not, I think it shud be up to the individual. Just more gov keeping the average man down.
Helmets should be mandatory in every state. Think of the person that is involved in the accident with the motorcycle rider and the rider suffers a serious head injury that could have possibly been prevented if the rider had been wearing a helmet. The accident may have been no fault of the non-motorcycle rider, but he still has to live with what happened for the rest of his life.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

batess6 wrote:
Dancinbear wrote:
Helmets should be mandatory in every state. Think of the person that is involved in the accident with the motorcycle rider and the rider suffers a serious head injury that could have possibly been prevented if the rider had been wearing a helmet. The accident may have been no fault of the non-motorcycle rider, but he still has to live with what happened for the rest of his life.
If he lives....?

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
imported post

tricky wrote:
batess6 wrote:
Dancinbear wrote:
If he lives....?
I didn't want to mention that.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I'm more of a live and let live, or die, as they choose type of person.

Being originally from Iowa, where there is no helmet law, I saw that it was about a 50/50 split when it came to helmet or not. The other thing I personally know that is a 50/50 split is the number of people would would be dead if they had been/hadn't been wearing a helmet at the time of their accident.

Those numbers are 2 and 2

I owned them, and wore them, but not every single time. If I was just jetting 2 blocks to the Quik Trip on the corner to fill the tank, or if it was 95 degrees with 75% humidity, chances are I didn't wear my helmet. If I was on a group ride, or a long ride, or had passengers, helmets were worn.

When I moved to Nebraska, I immediately began to resent the law. It's human nature. Tell a person that they HAVE to do something, and by nature, they'll try to find some way to get around your "rules"

When it's your time to go, it's your time to go, whether you're wearing a helmet or not. Arguing about whether or not we should be allowed to choose between bucket and no bucket is really pointless and will do little more than create hard feelings.

So gentlemen, let's keep it civil, eh?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

On the West Coast there isn't any argument, wear one or get ticket. I don't like being forced to do thing like wear seat belts or helmets for that matter, I do but don't like being forced to.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
I'm more of a live and let live, or die, as they choose type of person.

Being originally from Iowa, where there is no helmet law, I saw that it was about a 50/50 split when it came to helmet or not. The other thing I personally know that is a 50/50 split is the number of people would would be dead if they had been/hadn't been wearing a helmet at the time of their accident.

Those numbers are 2 and 2

I owned them, and wore them, but not every single time. If I was just jetting 2 blocks to the Quik Trip on the corner to fill the tank, or if it was 95 degrees with 75% humidity, chances are I didn't wear my helmet. If I was on a group ride, or a long ride, or had passengers, helmets were worn.

When I moved to Nebraska, I immediately began to resent the law. It's human nature. Tell a person that they HAVE to do something, and by nature, they'll try to find some way to get around your "rules"

When it's your time to go, it's your time to go, whether you're wearing a helmet or not. Arguing about whether or not we should be allowed to choose between bucket and no bucket is really pointless and will do little more than create hard feelings.

So gentlemen, let's keep it civil, eh?
the 50/50 split that worries me is when a naked head hits the pavement. I would LOVE to go without, but melon balls are best left on the kitchen table, not the pavement.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
imported post

Over here in SA wearing a helmit is law. but...................... the other day i saw a lady wearing curlers under her helmet , because she say that her hair get flat under the helmit so when she take the helmit off her hair look nice:) (Typically woman i would say!)

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I have a new helmet, it is killing my ears. So in case any of you purchase a new Nolan 103 flip up, be aware the helmet has changed. The new ones have more hard foam in the ear and cheek sections. The top hat still fits perfectly but as usual when some company has something right, they always have to mess with it. :)

So I have whittled out more foam, and set the speakers deeper, and have let it sit all night with a two by four I cut to length and have the cheek section of the helmet sprung open.

I may have to make an appointment with a plastic surgeon and have a little work done on my ears. :D maybe I could use those nose strips and tape my ears down.

Kit

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

hatchetman wrote:
Canada is the easiest, Wear em or pay huge from coast to coast!

i think Mexico when you get caught, you pay once and your good all day!
A few exemptions are available.

In Manitoba you can get a letter from a doctor saying you can't wear one (Or don't have a brain to be injured:cheeky1:)

In at least one province there is a religious exemption to people that wear headgear (Turbans)

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

I spent 7 years in South Dakota with no law. My best guess was well over half of the riders wore helmets anyway. The exception is during Sturgis. I think a lot of people that are around from other states with laws really take advantage of the chance to be "helmet free".

I'm with Mike on this one. It should be up to each rider.
For the record, when I had the choice, I wore a helmet.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Everytime this subject comes up, I'm gonna post this picture -- whether you're sick of it or not!

:cheeky1:

-- Red and I mushed into a deer last summer......

-- could've killed us......

-- guess it wasn't my time.....

-- think it wasn't my time because I was wearin' this!

Don't get me wrong... I don't care if you wear one or not... if you want to subject your family and friends to the heartache and sorrow of losing you when you could have been saved, that's your choice.....! Your selfishchoice.... Your selfish freedom to have your ears in the breeze!

:cheeky1:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

In South Carolina I am not required to wear a helmet. I do, however, always wear one but I think it should be up to the rider. Everyone knows what their head is worth if you get my drift. :D:action:

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.