Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know how to reattach a lever in the trunk for the helmet lock? Is there a rod or wire or something that may have fallen out to control it? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

you appaerently are missing the actuator knob(s) . you turn the piece which rotates a rod to unlock the latch...

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I have the plastic knob, but am apparently missing the rod that releases the helmet hook. Any idea where to look for these parts?

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

with any luck it may still be in the area under the trunk, remove the lower panel and see if it is there.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

if you dont have the rod take out the other side and get a peice of pipe to match and just crimp both ends with a plyers worked a treat for me

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks, I'll check it out further and see.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

I have the same issue. Both of the "rods" came free from the handles. Did you find a way to get them to stay?

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Hi, I have not had a chance to explore the problem, and I don't use the hooks much anyway. But I hope to get to it next month when my schedule eases. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

If I remember correctly, the rod pressure-fits into the knob, and the knob snaps into a plastic retainer when installed in the trunk. The lower rod end sits in a slot to turn the lock. If they are coming loose, it is because the knob is not locking into it's retainer. I replaced both of my knobs to solve the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

agnogel wrote:
if you dont have the rod take out the other side and get a peice of pipe to match and just crimp both ends with a plyers worked a treat for me
That is what I did also. Works good.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks everyone, I love this site!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.