Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I know this has been posted before, but for lack of finding them ??

Just looking for a basic helmet to helmet, to talk with my wife as we ride. Nothing fancy,but something that works. We both have open face HJC

Any help ??? :bow::bow:

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Do you have the Honda on-board intercom system or are you needing the electronics that the headsets conect to also?

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
imported post

go to cyclebots and pick up the Sena SMH10 Bluetooth set. You will love them.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
imported post

go to cyclebots and pick up the Sena SMH10 Bluetooth set. You will love them.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
imported post

We really like the Cardo Scala Q2 Rider Teamset. My wife and I have a set and one of my brothers and his wife has a set. My brother and I traveled about 650 miles with our units linked talking the whole time. We lost comm twice. Once, there was a building between us and the other time he passed a truck and I had to wait for another opening. The only thing we don't like about them is the intercom stayed keyed all the time. To listen to my mp3 player, I have to manually kill the intercom. Otherwise, I really like it. When riding alone, I use my mp3 player with it. It has a built in fm radio, but it's pretty worthless unless your just riding local with a local strong radio station.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
imported post

Jim, I'm just offering another perspective. My wife and I got our first Goldwing in 2002. It was a '79 fully fitted with a bunch of fiberglass crap. Stripped it frame up and started over. I got us a set of intercoms and we took a trip to Arkansas.
I survived a bad wreck in 78. I still live with the effects. I'm the kinda guy who wants to pay attention to the road and not be distracted. Your attention to the surroundings is your life. I love that woman but she wouldn't shut up all the way to Bull Shoals and back. She'd say things like Ohh look over there! While I was trying to keep the bike from sending us off the side of a mountain. I'm not saying your wife talks too much but statistically, she could.
We rode that bike another fifty thousand miles. Without the intercom. She stood on the pegs and yelled in my ear.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

TominDallas wrote:
I love that woman but she wouldn't shut up all the way to Bull Shoals and back. . I'm not saying your wife talks too much but statistically, she could.
We rode that bike another fifty thousand miles. Without the intercom. She stood on the pegs and yelled in my ear.
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::claps::claps::claps::thumbsup:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Here's what I used for a couple of years. Motocomm Riderlink ST-1. Not quite as cheap as the Nady system but it's very complete and a very decent system for the cost. The company has great customer service too!

John

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

TominDallas wrote:
... I'm not saying your wife talks too much but statistically, she could.
:smiler:

My wife's brother once said that if talking burned calories, she'd weigh 39 pounds. Sometimes I think he's right.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

The Nady is in the price range i'm looking for, just want something basic that works.No intercom system,mine is a good old Interstate,a motor, 2 wheeels and a seat. If i have the talking problem i just have to have the batteries run out !!:ROFL::ROFL:

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
imported post

I have an older NADY PRC-9. Has not been used in a few years but complete with headsets. I think you can use it rider to passenger or as a bike to bike. $50 plus shipping and it is yours.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
imported post

If you want to look at SENA send my a PM, I sell them and will cut any member here a deep discount. SENA will only allow me to advertise $299.25 for the Dual pack which is what everyone advertises for but I can sell for what ever I want so just let me know if your interested. This is for US only unfortunately, by the time we do international shipping it eats the savings up.

Thanks, Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.