Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Have a 1982 Aspencade with the stock windshield and a corban seat and I'm 6 ft, tall at speeds of 50 mph or 80kph and higher I get a lot of wind with wobbles my helmet so my ? is what can I do to stop or lreduce the problem Oh and sorry for the miss spelling

·
Ole Guy
170 Posts
imported post

First try to determine what part of the air flow is buffeting your helmit. Is it from the top, the sides, or both. Knowing where it is coming from, will detrime what to modify. You may needed a taller or wider shield or both. Maybe the saddle can be lowered some? Ducking down all the time is uncomfortable. Either way your windscreen is failing you. A custome screen is probably the answer. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
imported post

I'm six foot as well. I've found a taller screen very helpful. I have to look through the windshield, but that's better than feeling like my head is in a wind tunnel.

Chuck

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi spider if you duck the next time until you have no buffing it may tell you how big the new screen needs to be

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I have ducked down and it did not work I sat up too and not work ???????

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,708 Posts
imported post

Probably a combination of both a screen that is too low, and the type of helmet you are wearing. I have felt that windscreens that have a reverse flip at the top edge of the screen do a better job of getting the airflow up and over you.

My windscreen was 29" tall above the trim at the bottom. That put my eye line about 4 inches below the top of the screen. Most argue that is no good. For me, it was perfect.

Some helmets are less susceptible to wind buffeting. Depends on the design of the exterior parts (a flip front?), full face, half face, etc... and how the strap is attached.

I had a very cheap helmet at first, the strap was a bit too far backwards and would not keep the helmet steady. I found that wearing the strap across my chin would hold the helmet on real good. But that means, it did not fit me correctly. So I got a different helmet.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

As John said about the helmet, I will add one more thing, is it fitting properly. It should be snug on every part of your head but not to tight. Wind gets up under it and makes it feel like it is wobbling on your head.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I have used all three kinds of helmets but I feel a lot of the air rushing in behind me and the owner before me was a heavy smoker that the smoke has gone into the back rest and the side pockets on the trunk maybe I will try to put small strings on the windshield edge with tape to see what is happening. I will post my results in a few days. I will refit my helmet too. Thank you all

·
Ole Guy
170 Posts
imported post

Have you tried moving forward too?Some where forward and down there ought to be no buffeting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.