Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helmet

802 views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  aht_six 
#1 ·
imported post

Would like recommendations on helmets. I have a 05 yellow wing and I am trying to fined a yellow helmet with side connect for head set. Currently have a Vox helmet that I can't stand.

#3 ·
imported post

Really have been satisfied with every HJC helmet I have owned.

#4 ·
imported post

We have 2 HJC helmets. If I were you, I would buy a mid- price range one. Ours are heavy and hot. The more expensive ones are lighter and have better vents.

#5 ·
imported post

I have a built from motorcycle gear and love it.

#6 ·
imported post

I have a KBC, it's ok but nothing special. It's solid white, full face, and DOT approved, and it fits very well in XXL. It was reasonably priced. Those are all the things that I needed and wanted. HJC also makes excellent helmets, and so does Shoei. If you really want to spend big bucks, go with Arai.

#7 ·
imported post

I've had a couple HJCs. I like em. I purchased an IS-33 (3/4 helmet with internal sun shield) I like it a lot. I had my AC-3 for years, until it was time to replace it last year. Found out that the AC-3 was discontinued and the IS-33 was the replacement. I was skeptical at first, but I like better now.

#8 ·
imported post

I think Nolan still offers a yellow helmet. Also at 1 time I think Shoei had one. Both are very nice helmets. A little more pricey than others. but you get what you pay for. I wear Shoei helmets and they fit great. Vent system is far better than any helmet I have worn before.

#9 ·
imported post

Shoei, Nolan, Vega all offer yellow helmets. There may be a few more too. Your best bet is to visit a few places that have a good selection & try on different brands until you find the one that fits, then do research on the web to find who has the color you want for the best price. My preference is a Fulmer M1 modular because it fits & is a reasonable price.

#10 ·
#11 ·
imported post

Buy a helmet that fits right, every ones head is different. Different makes and models are designed for different shape heads, round to oval. The headset connection configuration will be of no consequence if the helmet is uncomfortable.

I have a Shoei RF-1000 full face and Shoei RJ Air Platinum R open face, both size large, that fit me perfectly. I also have an HJC CL-33, size XL I like very much.

I tried a Nolan 102 and a KBC TourCom, I had to go up 2 sizes to get them on, after a couple long rides I never used them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.