Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
imported post

Colbee, have you had a look at lazerhelmets.com, they have a nice peak with flip up visor, just been looking at them this morning in local Bikeworld shop, not sure how well specd they are though.

Kenny

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
imported post

Got the helmets sorted at last. Just ordered to Nolan N41's with the comms factory installed from JMCorp in theStates.Should be here in 10 days. Thanks to everyone for the comments/suggestions :)

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

medic1 wrote:
Got the helmets sorted at last. Just ordered to Nolan N41's with the comms factory installed from JMCorp in theStates.Should be here in 10 days. Thanks to everyone for the comments/suggestions :)
Nice one Medic1, I hope you got the passenger controller, so you can avoid the earbashing for spending all the money on the bike again:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
imported post

Just an update on the helmets, after much wrangling with JM Corp, I cancelled the order for the helmets. According to JM, they wouldn't have any XL in any colour in stock until the middle of December (originally placed the order in September). Ordered instead two Vegas helmets off Wingstuff in CA along with the J & M comms system (sold seperately). They arrived in my house last Thursday after only being dispatched on Monday. They work great & the price was way better as well.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Glad you are sorted, Medic1. Keep us posted as to how you find them over a few weeks of riding, ( possibly in snow, if the weather forcasters can be believed!)

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
imported post

My wife and I use both Shoei RJAir 3/4 and Nolan X1002 full face flip helmets. Both are fantastic according to weather conditions we come upon. I use J&M equipment and they fit both types of helmets with no problem. They are more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Paul LaBelle wrote:
My wife and I use both Shoei RJAir 3/4 and Nolan X1002 full face flip helmets. Both are fantastic according to weather conditions we come upon. I use J&M equipment and they fit both types of helmets with no problem. They are more expensive, but you get what you pay for.
Do you keep seperate J&Ms in each helmet, or swap as needed?

I quite fancy open faced ones for next summers riding and might look at the Shoei's.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

We have matching Bell Elite LTD IIs Fullfaces that I love. I am looking at a possible Fulmer flipface, AFM Modus,switch next season. My reason is simple. This is the first flip face I have been comfortable with. After all the trouble I had getting accustomed to full face, the flippers scare me even more...but I would like the convenience...so I have been trying them on and the Fulmer is the only one I put on without sweating. In fact I rather enjoyed it.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
imported post

Pete,

Snowed in Limerick the other morning. Used the helmet. No problems what so ever. The best thing I've ever bought.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Paul LaBelle wrote:
Hi Pete,

I have separate J&M's for all four helmets. I like the convenience of grabbing a helmet that is fully equipped. We take both styles with us on long tours.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/Hildago_GW/100_1965.jpg
Gosh, you must have a well trained wife, that youhave room for both styles, I am lucky to find room for a change of underwear!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Yes, I thought you might have both kitted with intercomms. They cost a fortune over here, not far off the cost of a good helmet, so maybe we could just shout at each other with open faced helmets.

Medic 1, glad you like your final choice, and are getting good use in the snow!!

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
imported post

Trawling back through some posts on helmets, trying to make up my mind what to get. Bell do an open face with peak & retractable visor -Mag- but the peak looks enormous. I'd say passenger would be constantly knocking the backof your lid with the peak.

Have had a good look round and think I will settle on the KBC, how have you found yours so far colbee?

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
imported post

Kenny,

My KBC is real comfortable but I still wish I had a flip-up visor for it. I did try to find one some time ago but now I've given up looking. I wear glasses and these go some way towards shielding my eyes from the rain but the rain that hits your face, apart from stinging, ends up running down your neck, when it would run off the edge of a visor.

Another thing, with a flip-up visor, as I had on my previous (uncomfortable) Nolan lid, I used a light-reactive sunshield on it, so that when I had it flipped up it acted like an extended peak, which was good when the sun is low in the sky as it tends to be in autumn/winter.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

colbee wrote:
Another thing, with a flip-up visor, as I had on my previous (uncomfortable) Nolan lid, I used a light-reactive sunshield on it, so that when I had it flipped up it acted like an extended peak, which was good when the sun is low in the sky as it tends to be in autumn/winter.
Hey colbee :waving: Thats a good idea. I was out today on the :18red:and the sun was low and very sharp, :doh:if i had that on my Nolan flip visor"which is very comfy" it would solve a huge problem. :clapper:I must ask my neighbour about that. :cooler:

:snowman::18red::snowman:

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
imported post

Friend of mine thought the light-reactive sun-shield too expensive, it was about £30 ,or E43 or $50; so he just put some duct tape on the bottom 2inches of his visor so that when flipped-up it acted like a peak extension but didn't obscure his vision when down.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.