Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I hit a pole this weekend and some major damage to the front of my bike. Its all plastic damage. The insurance is talking about totaling the bike. i cant let it go to a salvage yard so im looking for front end parts I might have to buy. Or anybody know of a place I can buy used parts.:thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear of your mishap . I hope you didnt suffer any injuries yourself . Well other than in the wallet and feelings over the bike . I would say the place to find parts the quickest is going to be ebay . You might get lucky and find the correct color parts . Especially if your not in a hurry . There are quite a few guys who specialize in 1500 bits .

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

There are magenta lower fairing parts in this ad. Call him, maybe he will ship them to you. Hope you find what you need.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I just got appraisal from insurance company they didn't total it but it was close. I already ordered the replacement parts and got them for $1000 less than the insurance quoted. This is good because they only paid 4 hours to replace the front fairing.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

alillico wrote:
This is good because they only paid 4 hours to replace the front fairing.
It will likely take you more than 4 hours, especially if you've never done it before. I'm glad they didn't total it.

John

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
imported post

Hmmm. I did the front fairing on mine. 4hrs is probably a low estimate. Of course a coffee can full of nuts and bolts that I took off was priceless. On and off was easy but remembering and test fitting each fastner location was the real time eater.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

If you have never taken a fairing off before, take lots of pictures. Especially of all the fasteners as to where they go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.