Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All, I'm new to goldwings. I just bought a new to me 2007, 1800.
I'm finding it gets pretty warm because of heat coming from the sides (and also because it's summer). Has anyone had success with lower wind deflectors? Which one do you like? I heard they can interfere with highway pegs.
Thanks in advance, John

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
I have Baker Built on mine. Mine are the ones that have a large upper and small lower. The large upper allows fresh air to blow on me, the lower prevents the discharge air from the radiator from getting to me. It's not perfect but way better than nothing at all. When using my highway pegs I still feel a little heat on my lower leg. It was a time getting the highway peg adjusted to a spot that allowed me to use it without the air wing hitting my leg. I'm short so I couldn't just put them way out there. I also wanted/needed to keep them up above the plane where they would scrape the road. I typically am a peg dragger in the twisties so I didn't want them to hang low. After 957 tries I finally got them where I want them, lol

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I have the show chrome fairing wings and they do a good job of directing the radiator heat away from you and don't interfere with the highway pegs, at least not for me.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
I have the show chrome fairing wings and they do a good job of directing the radiator heat away from you and don't interfere with the highway pegs, at least not for me.

I had those on my bike and they were awful for leg placement on the highway pegs.

I have a set of those in orange I'd love to sell that are in perfect condition. I also have the ones like this (in orange) that I took off that are also in perfect condition that I'd love to sell. I know this is not the fs section but since it's on the topic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thanks for your reply with pictures. As it turns out my Goldwing is orange. Just a couple of questions though: if they were effective, why did you take them off? How much are you asking for the uppers and lowers?

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
No kidding? I don't see too many orange ones, lol

The wings that go down at the radiators got in the way of my short legs when I used my highway boards. The others were in the way of the Baker Hand Wings that I installed underneath of my mirrors.

I'll go out to the garage and verify the condition and then I'll give you a price. I'll snap some photos for you as well. If there is any damage I'll certainly deduct for that. I don't remember if I wrapped them in bubble wrap or not.

How bout sharing a pic of your bike? I'd love to see it. Mine is an '02 so it's Pearl Sunburst Orange.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mike,
I'm new to this forum and just learning how to navigate my way around so please be patient with me. How do I post a pick of my Copper (orange) colored Wing?

John Suttie,
Penticton, BC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.