Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have a 1983 Interstate that I had a electrical problem with some time back you all helped me with. Well I took care of the over all problem by replacing the dogbone fuse:X. Well, finely got the chance to put the bike back together after replacing the ignition switch early.:? Now the problem I have is no head light, turn signal, front parking lights, no horn or signal. Have check all fuses that I could think of. The fuse block under the false tank, all the fuses in the fairing to no avail. Hope that some of you can give me suggestions. Is there any thing I could have forgotten to connect when replacing the ignition switch. I did recheck the connection to the fairing and it appears connected properly. Thank you in advance for you assistance. :p

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you may not have hooked up the ground wire when you put the fairing back together. On the left side under the pocket there is a green wire with an eyelet on the end. Make sure it is grounded under one of the fairing to mounting bracket bolts.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
imported post

check to see if you have power to your fuses...if not check your power wire coming in to your fuse box

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

using a meter, hook negative end directly to battery if its a ground problem you will read 12v everywhere (lamp connector, horn...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.