Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have a 1994 1500 with a CSC trike kit on it. I cannot remove the rear tires as the fenders have a partial built-in wheel covering. My tire dealer tired everything to remove the tires but cannot get them off. He said that it might require dropping the axle but he did not want to do that.

I thought there might be someone out there that had such a kit and could give me some suggestions. I do need to replace the rear tires.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

this may sound too simple, but has he let the air out of the tire first? might give him some wiggle room.,,

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

If the dealer jacks the body up and not the axle he will have clearance to get the wheels off .He is probably jacking from the axle and that means the whells stays in the exact same position as if it were on the road ,but if he jacks from the bodywork (strong place) the axle will drop with the suspension and he will have more room to get the wheel past the bodywork ., Ciaran

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

The dealer let the air out of the tire. He also jacked up the body rather than the axle. He still could not get the tire off. The fenders on my CSC trike extend down like the old fender skirts did in the past. I have written CSC but cannot get a reply.
I do appreciate the advice. Please keep your thinking caps on.
Bob

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
imported post

Remove the Shock's?

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

On my trike, I have to fill the airbags to max, then the wheels come off. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

I contacted a CSC dealer and here is what he said about removing the tires from my CSC Tour model:

If it’s the tour model “the fender covers ½ the wheel” then you have to remove the mufflers, all 3 shock bolts and let the air out of the tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.