Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I screwedmy choke cable up. I was going to get some slack out of my choke cable, down to 1/4 inch, and I unscrewed the choke screw down by the carb, and I could not get the slack out, and I put the silver holder back underneath the holder and screwed it back in. I didn't touch the top, and now, I cannot even pull it out even with with a set of pliers. What did I do to mess it up? It is not too tight. I'd appreciate any ipnout. It was pulling out with ease.

Thanks,

Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
imported post

could be a bent line, check to make sure no kinks obviously. and try a few drops of ATF down the cable to loosen things up. hope this helps

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Not sure exactly what you did, reading between the lines..........the holder under the top part of the cable guide? Under the one that has the rubber cover? Tension on the top nut is adjustable, so maybe if you have the bottom part of the cable guide too tight it has increased the tension on the cable.
In other words you can adjust the tension on the cable by tightening the top nut, so it would also do so in reverse if installed from the bottom to tight.

Kit

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Kit,

I never touched the top. I did try loostening the adjustment sarew. still the same.I will check the cable as soon as possible.I want to ask a bumb question. Is Only half of the bottom silver part supposed to be put up in the retaining bracket on the bottom? If so, I put a little too much, too high.

Thanks.

Nightrider1

Kit Carson wrote:
Not sure exactly what you did, reading between the lines..........the holder under the top part of the cable guide? Under the one that has the rubber cover? Tension on the top nut is adjustable, so maybe if you have the bottom part of the cable guide too tight it has increased the tension on the cable.
In other words you can adjust the tension on the cable by tightening the top nut, so it would also do so in reverse if installed from the bottom to tight.

Kit

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

If any of the lower clamp is off the metal ring on the cable it might be binding on the cable inside..clamp and metal ring shoudl line up perfectly.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

RB,

I did leave about 50% of the silver (Right below the rubber boot) out. I did not know ow mush of it was supposed to go in. I'd appreciate any help before Ichange cables. I know this one is good, becauseI easily pulled it out up top before I screwed the bottom up.

Thanks,

Nightrider1

RB wrote:
If any of the lower clamp is off the metal ring on the cable it might be binding on the cable inside..clamp and metal ring shoudl line up perfectly.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I finally got a choke. It was not routed correctly around the breather cover. (I hadpreviously took it off to clean the insides)
Thanks Everyone..
I appreciate all of your help.
Nightrider1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.