Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

First time poster here. My wife and I are planning a trip on our '04 Goldwing 1800 in Sept. from WI to Colorado and S. Dakota and back. Planning on 12 days or so. Does anyone have any suggestions on a brand of seat cusion - Preferably gel, but would consider air that they have had a lot of luck with. My wife has a severly bruised tailbone from a previous unrelated non-cycle accident. Looking for long term comfort. Any help would be appreciated.

Fuzzy:baffled:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

and you are tellinjg us that the 1800 stock seat is not cushy enough????? LOL

sorry I cannot help you I rode the stock seat on my '78 for at least twenty years

btw welcome to the best forum around, and my first line was meant in jest

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

No offense taken! Thanks for the response! We not only like to travel in style.....hence the '04, 1800GL, BUT we are also spoiled and want extreme comfort. Our trip should take us on a couple 8-10 hour days in a row, so....especially with the wifes tailbone thing, anything that will make BOTH of us comfy....if you know what I mean....will make the trip better!

Glad to be here!
Fuzzy

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

the other thing to remember (at least has always worked for me) is frequent stops to just walk around a bit. It is amazing how a five minute walk about every 70-80 miles can prolong a ride. She also, if still tender, try taking an anti-inflamatory before each days ride, instead of waiting until she is sore.

my wife hates the seating position on her 1200, although, otherwise, loves the bike. I haven't been on a later wing, but the early ones were never known for seat /leg comfort.

rodger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.