Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Took my 83GL1100I out for a ride yesterday. Made a left tun and my throttle hung open and I fell. Not much damage. It now needs a whinshield and clutch lever. No problem. I also need the trim that goes on the side of the fairing. Any ideas where to get it?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

Hi,

Do you have the factory Hondalinefairing? If so, do you mean you need that rubber bit with the metal clamps on either end? I believe I have an extra out in the shed. I'll check tomorrow, if the rain stops, and let you know. If I have it, it's yours for the cost of shipping.

Now, I'm pretty sure that if I have it, I re-sprayed the end clamps and may have re-dyed the rubber/vinyl part to black. I'll let you know that tomorrow, too.

Jack

Richmond, Va.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hi to you,

Yes it is a Hondaline Fairing. It's the one on the bike in the picture. Left side wore right thru when I fell. I would appreciate anything that you can do.

Thanks for you help.

Butch

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Did you find out the cvause of the throttle sticking open.?

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

muaymendez1 wrote:
Did you find out the cvause of the throttle sticking open.?
I was wondering that too, didn't want ot hear of this happening again!!! Maybe misrouted cables.:baffled:

Really sorry to hear of your mishap 2ac911, sorry I can't help with the parts you need from over here. :(:waving:

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Sorry guys I have no answer as to why it happened as of yet. First time I had the bike out this season actually since early October last year. Just wanted to run it around the block and check it out. Haven't really looked at it either. Still a little mad about falling.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

Don't feel too bad - supposedly there are two kinds of bikers - those who have dropped their rides, and those who will. :)

The reason *I* have an extra set is because I messed up my fairing when I dropped mine. Okay, truth be told, IT dropped ME...front tire blew out going around a corner and rammed me into a guardrail on a mountain road. I walked away with a skinned leg and a headache, but the bike suffered a smashed saddlebag, windshield, and fairing - along with a snapped clutch lever. Sound familiar? :)

Anyway, the weather here has been horrible, so I'll check just as soon as I can to make sure I haven't already given them away.

Jack

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
imported post

You live in the north east and it's still winter so maybe you hit some sand that's on the roads and lost it. It's dangerous riding until the spring rains wash the crap off the roads. I try not to get to the wing out until the road are fit for two wheel riding.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

I have the same issue with the fairing trim, POdropped the bike and I have looked several places for fairing trim. I did find something in the J.C. Whitney car catalog that looks like the same trim and was wondering if anyone else had used it. The part # is XS89075 it comes in different sizes to cover different thickness materials.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Has anyone ever tried contacting Honda for this part? Only a thought.:?

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

OK guys...

I have two of these trim strips. I'm not sure which side they are from but they can be reshapd to fit either.

I actually have three complete sets. One set will go on my own fairing , one set is in to bad of shape to use. The remaining two. Well they can be had for the price of shipping.

They could probably use a coat of paint just to spruce up their apearance.

Not sure how best to ship them, but I'm thinking tubes would probably be the best method.

Shoot me a pm if interested.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Hey, as far as Ma Honda being there for parts, I ordered a right side cover (over battery) last fall for my 1500, PO had lost it somehow.....cost me $200, but it's brand spankin' new and looks it. Used ones on ebay were going nearly as high at the time.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
imported post

2ac911 wrote:
Has anyone ever tried contacting Honda for this part? Only a thought.:?
I just bought the fairing trim through Honda in the fall, so it was still available then. Think I still have the part number out in the garage if you need it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.