Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi everyone,

I need to find a fuel pump for a 1982 Aspencade. Mine is leaking out the weep hole and I checked at the honda dealership and they can get me a new one for 100.00, but it will take 7 days to get it. Would it be possible to see if there is a fuel pump from a Honda car or Toyota car that would fit? Does anyone have a ideas where I can get one really soon. Thanks for your input I appreciate it.

Happy Riding to all....keep the shiney side Up and the Oily side down...

Redeye :baffled:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

There isn't a mechanical car pump that will fit. You could always fit an electric one instead. The fuel pumps on the Gl1100 tend to last for many years, so you will usually get one on EBay. Of course theres no way of telling how long one will last after you buy it.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

Redeye wrote:
Hi everyone,

I need to find a fuel pump for a 1982 Aspencade. Mine is leaking out the weep hole and I checked at the honda dealership and they can get me a new one for 100.00, but it will take 7 days to get it. Would it be possible to see if there is a fuel pump from a Honda car or Toyota car that would fit? Does anyone have a ideas where I can get one really soon. Thanks for your input I appreciate it.

Happy Riding to all....keep the shiney side Up and the Oily side down...

Redeye :baffled:
Redeye, a new pump from Honda for $100.00 really doesn't sound too bad.

About your only other course of action is to try E-Bay or other GoldWing used parts places. Those Goldwings use a low pressure low demand type pump so adapting an auto type pump would take some doing (it's possible though).

Twisty

E-Bay link click here-- http://search.ebay.com/goldwing-fuel-pump_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQsotrZ2QQcatrefZC6QQfrppZ50QQsacatZ-1QQcatrefZC6QQsargnZ-1QQsaslcZ2QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsadisZ200QQfposZQ5AIPQ2FPostalQQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQcoactionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.