Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE IS A FACTORY CONNECTOR OR WIRE UNDER THE FRONTSIDE POCKETS OR GUAGE CLUSTER THAT I CAN HOOK UP A POWER OUTLET TO. I WANT TO INSTALL AN OUTLET TO CHARGE A CELL PHONE AND RUN A ADD ON GPS. I DON'T WANT TO OVERLOAD A CIRCUIT AND BURN UP A LOOM. IF THERE IS WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE AND WIRE COLORS.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

JERRY

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the best goldwing site on the web

Yep, red plug under LH pocket in a boot towards the front on LH side

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,711 Posts
imported post

hello JERRYJ, and welcome to the forum.

One minor comment. Using ALL CAPS IN YOUR TEXT is considered to be shouting at us. Also, it makes it hard for old eyes to read.

Would you please turn OFF the caps lock key?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Sorry about the caps John. At work the caps are always on and I guess I just got used to it. Sorry again.

Thanks for the advice

Jerry

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
imported post

The red plug in your left side only has a5 amp fuse and is only on when key is on. This is fine for cell phones etc. don't use for cigarette lighter, it'll blow the fuse.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks to all for the info. I found the plug and connected the outlet. Works great. Thanks again. What a great site.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
What is the white plug next to the red one used for?
I haven't had a 1800 wing for about 5 years but if I remember right it is to plug in an MP3 player, this is the AUX port. If you connect something to it and push the AUX button on the radio it will come thru the speakers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.