Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could some1 help me to see instructions on how to replace starter on a 2008 goldwing.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
24,497 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Could some1 help me to see instructions on how to replace starter on a 2008 goldwing.

Are you sure the starter is the issue? Not sure of your abilities but there are a dozen different things that can cause the starter not to work. What have you checked so far?

·
Administrator
24,497 Posts
Like what if I may ask.
Like, what makes you sure the starter is bad? There are many things that can cause the starter to not work from a bad battery to a blown fuse. There are relays and switches and various other things involved, the starting circuit is complicated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Someone on here told me when I gave description what it use to sound like

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ok I understand now I did purchase starter and both solenoids. Should I check solenoid 1st ?

·
Administrator
24,497 Posts
Yes, check for power in & out on the large terminals of solenoid A & B..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok may I ask would you have a diagram or something I still don't have repair manual .

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
On starter relays A and B all 4 stud (large) terminals should have 12 volts with the key on, in neutral, kill switch on and start button held down continuously. In other words the bike must be configured to start and the start button held down. Then measure voltage at all 4 large terminals on the relays for 12 volts. Starters rarely fail.

Attachments

·
Administrator
57,644 Posts
Like what if I may ask.

just a short listing of the things I am aware of

• On starter relays A and B all 4 stud (large) terminals should have 12 volts with the key on, in neutral, kill switch on and start button held down continuously. In other words the bike must be configured to start and the start button held down. Then measure voltage at all 4 large terminals on the relays for 12 volts. Starters rarely fail.
    just a larger image to view.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts