Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,150 Posts
imported post

I dunno, but it seems to me that the frame on that thing was no where near as strong as a Goldwing frame.

It came apart like tin foil.

Rumpled a bit from a tumble I can understand, but it should not have twisted up like that while in mid-air.

That bike is a danger to anyone who ever straddles one.

·
Wild Rhino - Canadian
591 Posts
imported post

Not a bike designed for the road
My guess is that those racing bikes are designed to go fast, not to last very long.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Anything is possible in those kind of spills. All that rolling, tumbling and flipping, I'm not surprised the bike fell apart.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

Although that bike flipped several times I really can't see how that frame should have broken like that.:shock:

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
imported post

Is the engine a stressed member in those bikes? It looks like the front half separated where it bolts to the case. Jay

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Craner curve at Donnington. Probably around 130 mph or so.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
imported post

Isac said half the mass times velocity squared. Seems to me atthat speed thereis an awful lot of force on it.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The rider sure got off smoothly, no tumbling at all. People sometimes come apart when they tumble in a bike wreck. I had the unfortunate experience of seeing a video where it was the rider who broke in two instead of the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

"Help, I broke my bike"

Ummmmm, I think your going to need a new one. :ROFL:

That's impressive though, Glad he walked away.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
imported post

I own a welding shop and weld everything under the sun, I do alot of design fabricate and build, I have to build things with safety factor built into them.

I always crindge when I stop by a friend of mines place who builds drag cars when I see him cut the cross member that is equivelant to a 3" x 5" tube and replace it with 1-5/8" OD chromoly and thats just one of the many areas that they chop out to save weight and I'm not talking 12 second cars, These are cars running down into 7 second quarters.

Racers take all the safety factors out of the equation except for the **** pit bars that are mandated by the racing orginization as to what size, how many and where they have to be located.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

phuphuphnik wrote:
Looks like there was a lot of fuel left in the tank. Glad it didn't ignite. (about 16 seconds in)
that was not gas, coolant would be my guess.. came out bigger hose the a fuel line

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

duct tape 1,001 uses now 1,002 uses

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

peterbilt wrote:
duct tape 1,001 uses now 1,002 uses
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: