Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm getting ready to install a Wig Wag Module. I'm a little confused about which color of wire to splice into.

The manual shows a 3 wires going to the Brake & Tail light on each side. The wire colors are: Green/Yellow, Green & Yellow.

Can anyone identify which wire is for what? I'm assuming green is the ground.

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

Typically green is ground, the yellow is usually tail light and the striped one is the brake light.

HOWEVER, if you are unsure, then use a meter or a test light to determine for sure which one is the brakes.

What I have is a test light made by soldering two bits of wire to a 12V bulb, one wire has a crocodile clip to go to a convenient ground, the other is soldered to a sharp needle inserted in to a hole in the end of a piece of dowel.

You hook the clip to ground and probe the needle in to the wire in question. If you are fussy you can put a bit of tape over the probe site afterwards, I usually don't bother.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

green is groud
green/yellow is brakelight
brown is taillight or running light

good for GL1200's hsould be same for 1500's

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

green/yellow as said above

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the replies. Now I can get it squared away!

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I can see now that this is going to be an "all day" project. What a rats nest of wires! Maybe I'll just smack my finger with a hammer and that will make the pain of installation seem a little easier.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

w5blt wrote:
I can see now that this is going to be an "all day" project. What a rats nest of wires! Maybe I'll just smack my finger with a hammer and that will make the pain of installation seem a little easier.
Spending many hours under a house with a hammer driving in hangers to hang pipes with I can fairly much tell you hitting your finger will not be less painful. :shock: I just did that again Monday, I really smacked it a good one, time I stopped yelling and cussing and crying, the Real Estate lady who was showing the house had decided just maybe I was a person to view with suspicion. :cheeky1::cheeky1: Boy that hurt.

Kit

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
I just did that again Monday, I really smacked it a good one, time I stopped yelling and cussing and crying, the Real Estate lady who was showing the house had decided just maybe I was a person to view with suspicion. :cheeky1::cheeky1: Boy that hurt.

Kit
Kit, after meeting you at Calhoun I'll always view you with suspicion...:cheeky1: :gunhead:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.