Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to install show chrome opera lights above my valve covers. I removed the trim piece and the 4 bolts behind it, pushed the mirror forward and pulled away the rubber grommet. The problem is that I can get the wires run up behind the side fairing all the way up to the top of where the trim piece goes. The fairing pulls away good at the bottom but not at all at the top where the black dash(by the right windshield lever) meets the painted fairing. Its only about an inch of wire to get tucked around but I don't want to force the fairing and break it. Any help????????

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it's for a 2003 GL1800.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
A wire hanger works well or if you are worried about using wire try a large wire tie. Push that down through and tape wires to the tie.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for the help. I used a zip tie and it worked great. Now the only problem is that the left side opera light does not work with running lights, only as a turn signal. I checked the connections and they seem tight, right side works with running lights and with turn signal. Any ideas????

·
Administrator
27,936 Posts
Assuming the left running light works on the mirror and you have confirmed there is power to the opera light I would assume it is a bad light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.