Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
The switch next to it is kinda a hack job, too. If you want original, you might want to start hunting for a good clean combination switch cover and emblem while you can still get them. That color is harder to come by, but if not new, a good used one can be found.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Not putting your bike down. It's just there are a lot of people that like to restore these old bikes, and the parts to do so are getting harder and harder to find. So if that was your intention don't wait to long. I wish I had snagged a few more bits from Honda when I had the chance.
As to the meter you have, if you like it, I'm sure it could be restored pretty easy. It was no doubt a cottage industry type product, so it is probably very easy to get apart. Not like modern mass produced items molded and glued into a monolithic device. Depending on the internal condition, either replace the display or just gut the whole thing and use a modern micro controller and your favorite type of display. Everything is so much smaller it's easy to fit into older housings. Either DIY or find a good electronics person to do it for you. Check a local makerspace.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts