Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

03 gl1800. I'm finding whenever I work on the bike that the po left off or lost some nuts or screws.
Yesterday I went to install a belly pan. There are two 10mm nuts on each side lower panel, under the shift lever and brake pedal, that need to be loosened to install this. Well, there was one missing on each side. I want to order some replacement nuts, with the appropriate washers because they are missing as well.
I have looked on bike bandit and hdl parts online, but I cannot find that particular part. I don't know what that cover would be called. It is below the brake and below the shift lever as I said. A 10mm socket fits the ones that are there, so I assume I could just get a couple 10mm nuts? 6mm nuts? but I'd like to find the right ones. Any help out there?

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Got em. 6mm nut cap and gasket protector. Thanks for reading all.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Glad to see you found the parts. Should really like the belly pan.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Glad you found them..I too have a lot of rusted nuts and bolts that I was going to have to replace when I get my stuff back from my brother, who is having it painted....At first I looked at all the usual places and found that they were either out of stock, or wayyyyyy to expensive...However I did find a guy that works for one of our "Nut and Bolt" places here....He took my samples and was able to match everything up in stainless steel .....Every thing even crown nuts, and all those clips that hold the emblems on ( those were not stainless) ..All in metric.....

But for any one else looking, I would say...If Mother Honda doesn't have it or the other usual places...Then check with your local "Nut and Bolt" companies....One last thing, some of these places have gone to minimum purchases or worse no longer sell to the public.....

Claude.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.