Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I'm shot fat & turning 77. My last trip (Phx. to Denver 1800 miles) was telling on my old bones.
My 82 Aspy. did great for me , but really wore me out. I'd still like to ride ,but something lighter ,lower and a bike I could take down dirt roads. If it was light enough I'd hang it on the back of the motor home.,& ride in the woods .
Still have my trail-90 but its too wimpy for highway riding. I remember 30 or so years ago having a Kaw. 100 with a 2 speed gearbox, but that seems to small also.
You guys have any suggestions other than eat more veggies???:D

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,798 Posts
imported post

`
Have you considered the Burgman 650?

A review on it CLICK HERE

Also, take a look at the Scarabeo 500 at
http://www.motosavvy.com/fusebox/dsp_1col.cfm?page_id=12

There is a 3 wheel scooter that I am really looking at hard for my Fair Lady. Piaggio MP3, 3 models from 300 cc to 500cc. Will top out over 90 mph on the freeway.
I'm really liking the looks of this one.

Perfect for your camping situation, but so is the Burgman.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=66249&forum_id=4

:leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
imported post

Wow, very nice but too $$$$ for yours truely. I like the look of the three wheel bike, very sharp.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You might consider the Kawasaki KLR650. It's a dual purpose bike good for pavement and dirt and gravel. It's fast enough for the freeway too. I'm hunting for one as a second bike so I can get off the paved roads a bit more comfortably. A three hundred pound bike would be a lot better off asphalt than my 800+lb. behemoth. The two machines I'd like to have besides my 1500 would be the Burgman 650 super scooter and the KLR650.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Depending upon your degree of altitude impairment, the dual-purpose machines might be a little too "leggy" for you.

My Wife rides a Kawi Vulcan 500 (Cruiser), that was apparently designed for shorter folks. They have been around, in various forms, since 1985 or so - and are typically good for 100,000 miles+. She's done a couple hundred miles in a day on it with no problem. It's lightweight, smooth, and has the most impressive half-liter engine I've ever enjoyed. Nice, tight, little 6-speed, too.

Later modelscan usually be had for 2 or 3k in near new condition. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.