Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

New here so if this thread isn't allowed someone let me know.

Basically I have a new/old goldwing that became a moneypit as of today. Well after a few hours of me & the mechanic (vic) tinkering with it I have a list of parts I need to get. Some of them will i'm sure be ebay & others will probably be the local honda motorsports dealership, but I am not sure where the best place or price is for whats below.

Master Cylinder - Current one could probably be rebuilt, but will need a new reservoir as well as the small parts so the parts would be 80ish bucks & there are complete non oem master cylinders on ebay for that. So would it be better to rebuild or buy a new one.

Tach Cable - Housing is there, but no cable inside of it

Valve Cover Gasket - are there good ones to be found on e-bay, or is this something that should be dealership only. Also if there are gaskets for the valve cover bolts then I need them as well.

Choke Lever - The lever on the carb itself is broken off. The cable is also seized in its casing, though that could probably be worked loose & oiled. But if its not too much would like to replace both.

Intake Gaskets - Need the gaskets for where the carb elbow's meet the block & probably the boots where the carbs meet the elbow's as well.

Seat Cover - Current thing that somewhat resembles a cover is shot. The foam appears to be in good shape though. So the sub 60 dollar covers on ebay seem like they would work, but anyone have any experience with them or tips for do's & dont's?

Side Covers - At least one is not stock & its cracked nearly in half & the other that appears to be stock has a broken tab. Is there someplace to find these new & unpainted or is this a used/ebay item at this point?

All this needs to be done on a budget. Not a strict one, but the wife isnt keen on me spending too much, But I got a hell of a deal on the bike & just sold my KLR250 last night so I have a little breathing room.

Edit: Oops I Forgot the year.. its a 1980 GL1100 Not sure of the sub model, but it is naked & has the air shocks (not sure if they all do) It also has a funky cargo rack & back reset that I don't think are stock (but soon to be removed regardless)

·
Administrator
26,582 Posts
imported post

This should be in the for sale/wanted forum, maybe 1 of the moderators will move it.
I may have some of the parts you need, will make a list and look tomorrow. The gaskets and seals you will need to buy new.
Which side cover do you need?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

hmm.. Maybe, but I always viewed the FS/Trade/WTB forums as in when your intending on trading with other members. I wasn't exactly trying to do that as I am in a somewhat hurry for everything. Am hoping to have most if not all of it in hand by next weekend. I have traded a fair amount (computer parts mostly) & I never expect a person to person transaction to be very quick.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

bastage wrote:
hmm.. Maybe, but I always viewed the FS/Trade/WTB forums as in when your intending on trading with other members. I wasn't exactly trying to do that as I am in a somewhat hurry for everything. Am hoping to have most if not all of it in hand by next weekend. I have traded a fair amount (computer parts mostly) & I never expect a person to person transaction to be very quick.
Most in the forum are pretty quick on the draw. Kinda like the parts start arriving and youll have to figure where from;). Keep putting your list of needs out there we have been known to do some cool stuff.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
imported post

We need to know the year of your new treasure. The tach cable, choke cable and master cylinder are different on different years, among many other parts.

John

·
Administrator
26,582 Posts
imported post

bastage wrote:
If I have it and you want it, I will have it there by next weekend.

·
Premium Member
12,791 Posts
imported post

:waving:Welcome and Hello

bastage wrote:
Intake Gaskets - Need the gaskets for where the carb elbow's meet the block & probably the boots where the carbs meet the elbow's as well.

The rubber "boot" that fits the intake elbow to the carburetor is not a replaceable part . If those are bad you will need to look for replacements .

The intake O-Ring should be easy to source, likely could be found at the dealer or a good auto parts store.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

ok Original post updated with the bike specifics.. That's a pretty bone headed mistake I made there.

@DaveO430 the side covers are the ones visible in the 2nd pic

·
Administrator
26,582 Posts
imported post

bastage wrote:
@DaveO430 the side covers are the ones visible in the 2nd pic
OK, but which side do you need? I think I only have 1, not sure which until I look.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I Need both.. One of my current is cracked in half & the other has one of the connect points broken & JB welded & broken again..

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
imported post

Hi bastage,

I have one side cover that is a very nice dark metallic green in good condition.

The O rings for the intake tubes can be had at any well stocked hardware store.

If you need the intake tubes with the boots I have a set. The clamps are missing and one is shiny and the other three are dull. The boot is bonded to the tube.

The choke lever should be on one of the carb bodies I have. Is that the plastic part that the cable connects to? They are early 1100 so should work for you.

Let me know what you need.

Thank you,

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

ok so I have found my side covers.. managed to win a set of black ones for 55 shipped off ebay.. I Can find everything else I need there on ebay other then the choke lever. So I will probably be ok. Unless someone has a decent master cylinder complete for less then 92 bucks as it seems a little excessive & the replacement wont match the left side.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
imported post

bastage,

Just to be sure, is this the choke arm you need?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
imported post

bastage,

Or is it this end?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
imported post

bastage,

These are the the intake tubes I have. You indicated you needed the boots. The boots are bonded to the aluminum tube, are difficult to remove and replace.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

I Think were fine on the intake's.. The boots were more of a "might as well do it while were here" thing..

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum bastage! :waving:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.