Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Greetings to everybody,

Some of you might have seen my posts regarding the fitting of lightbulbs into the saddlebags on my 05 1800. Well I am having the devils own job locating these parts. I thought I might have located the parts from a companyin the states but they want me to send photos of the back and front of my credit card, a photo of myself and a copy of my Visa statement showing my address.I have spent many thousands of dollars buying G/wing chromeparts for my 1500fromdealers in the states and parts from Ebay as well and have only ever been asked to supply credit card details.I am very reluctant to supply the information required by this companyso my plea to fellow Goldwing riders is can anyone help?.If anyone can locate the following parts and doesn't mind spending a little timeto help a fellow Goldwing rider I will gladly send funds to cover the parts and postage, you never know maybe one day I can help you.

The parts are L/H Saddlebag sub-harness 32130-MCA-670 1off

R/H Saddlebag sub harness32180-MCA-6701off

Bulb Sockets 33720-GZ9-0034off

Bulbs12v21/5w 34906-MBB-611 6off

Many thanks,

Regards,

John S.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

John,maybe I'm missing something but why don't you order these parts from your Honda dealer where you bought your GL1800?

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

The dealersaid hewould order the spares for me but because he has to order parts through the only Honda importer in NZ who then orders from Japan who then order from America, four pairs of hands add their mark-up and make the parts very, very expensive. I have priced them in the states and cannot believe how much mark-up goes on these parts. Plus the delivery time would be at least a month. Ihave ordered parts before from the UK and the states for my 1500 and cb450 and have had them here in 3-4 days. If push comes to shove then I will buy from the dealer but I was kind of hoping that someone on this site might be able to locate these parts and post them down to me after I send them funds.

Regards to all,

John S

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

The dealer in the states asking for your credit card copies is normal practice there ,,I order from hondadirectline in the states and I had to send photo copies of my passport and credit card to them ..It is to stop all the scammers who order on other peoples credit cards ...cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thankyou Ciaran for your reply,

When I first saw the reply from the states (I think it might have been from Hondadirectline) I thought it was some sort of scam. I have never before been asked for so much information. Usually the credit card number will do, sometimes the 3 digit number off the rear of the card but never for photo I.D. Must be a sign of the times we live in I guess. I will send them the info tonight when I get home. Once again thankyou for taking the time to reply.

Regards,

John S.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

John, I have phoned a shop near me and got a price on the stuff you want. I would be happy to order it for you and arrange shipping if you want. Total for the parts you listed was £90.16 plus a bit of postage to me (i guess, but forgot to ask) Next day delivery and all available.

The shop has an online catalogue that you can view: www.hgbmototcycles.co.uk

PM me if you want me to help. Bloody hell, I'm a nice bloke !!!:goofygrin:

Might be you would get the bits cheeper from U.S.:baffled:

Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.