Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
Just returned from a ride without issue. Went back to retrieve something from the bike and noticed fluid puddled around the kickstand area. Took a closer look and saw a split hose underneath the bike (center / left) by the kickstand. Hoping someone can tell me which hose I'm looking at. As an aside, just had timing belt replaced, as well as all fluids, oil and filter, and new tires mounted.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Wood
Automotive tire Tire Hood Motor vehicle Tread

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,852 Posts
there should be two hoses,
one from the Air Cleaner,
and the other from the canister that is filled with carbon granules.

I cut the canister out and threw it away, leaving two hoses there, both Open Ended

·
Administrator
28,067 Posts
Doesn't look like it leaked from that hose. Check your clutch fluid level.

Reactions: RambozoClown

·
Registered
136 Posts
If your bike is a 1500 that is the hose from the crankcase and doesn't go anywhere but should have a cap on the end, it traps crankcase fumes and some liquid and is supposed to be checked and drained at every oil change which no one ever does and the fluid that drained was what accumulated probably since the bike was new. I would find another cap and clamp to replace the missing one and ride.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
There are a few drain hoses around there. The one in your photo looks too dusty inside to have been the one fluid was coming out of. ID the fluid on the ground. Check fluid levels. Is there a chance it was a different vehicle that left it, and you just parked over someone else's leak?

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
756 Posts
Is it possible that was there before you pulled in? Appears to be a large puddle with a smaller ones near it. There have been many times that I pulled into convenience stores or parking lots and never noticed these until I went back to the bike.
I agree with Rambozo, since there is no evidence on it on the bottom of the bike. Oil, gas and coolant would leave tell tale signs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts