Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm in the middle of changing all four headlight bulbs on my 07 1800. The two low beam bulbs were not too bad to change, the r/h high beam unit was a bit more difficultbut I managed to get that sorted, now for the left hand high beam bulb.

Can someone please tell me how to get at the l/h high beam bulb. What should have been a quick job is turning into a marathon. Not a lot of thought gone into changing lightbulbs by Honda. I cannot believe the amount of work involved to change some light bulbs.

Regards to all,

John S.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

Sorry but the high beams on the 1800 are very difficult to change. You may find it easier to pull the meter panel cover and the shelter.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
imported post

remove the panel. It'll give you more room but it is still a bich. Wife's hand were small enough but not strong enough to unplug the wires. Just keep pushing and wriggling and you'll get it.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I pulled the panel, no goodand then Iremoved the panel above the headlights still no good. I then returned to the left hand storage box and by removing the foot heater control lever was able to reach the bulb with a couple of fingers. After much cursing and skin loss I have managed to change the bulb but have yet to replace the rubber seal. What a performance to change a light bulb.. Well done Honda

Regards to all,

John S.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

I've not had to change high beams yet, but I thought you had to pull the mirrors, the windshield garnish, and the windshield to get them. Just what I've heard :?.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

My bike is at home for me to put back together tonight but believe me, removing the mirrors, windshield garnish and windshield achievesnothing. What would be a great help is to have very small hands and thin arms. All this could be avoided with a bit of forethought in the design stage.

Regards,

John S

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

cbhon wrote:
My bike is at home for me to put back together tonight but believe me, removing the mirrors, windshield garnish and windshield achievesnothing. What would be a great help is to have very small hands and thin arms. All this could be avoided with a bit of forethought in the design stage.

Regards,

John S
That will be good info to know in the future John. As far as the design stage, I've always said design engineers should be required to work two years apprenticeship in the field before receiving a degree. I had a hard enough time just changing the right low beam a short time ago.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

me buddy just did it and check for the interim peice....we all stupid here!..and he forgot about it and could not figure why it would not plug in...need i say more

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
No easy way about it on the 1800. It a blind job either way. Once you do it it becomes a little easier but only because you learn to feel it through, then look.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
did anyone decide what is best way to replace low beam headlight bulb?

Go in from frontside of bike. Need to feel and touch. No problem getting the suckers OUT, but getting them back in.... :X:X:X
It ain`t no easy way, my friend, but you`ll get it done :waving::waving:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.