Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

I'm repainting the old girl, and ran into a snag. How can I safely remove the little rubber-plastic hoop on the side of the front fender that guides the speedo cable?

It would be a bear to mask around. :(

Thanks,

Jack

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I thought it was just a push-in fit to the fender? Now I'm curious, I'll have to take a look later on my own 1100. :cool:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Actually I just popped out.to have a look as the curiosity was killing me. The cable rubber is just a push-in fit.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

If you are going to attempt to just pop it out, make sure it's nice and warm first. Run it under some hot water if you have the fender off of course. Trying to pop it out cold can break it. I tried it just now on an old fender I had laying around, and it just popped out without a problem.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Hot water and a liquid detergent, put it back in the same way.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Excellent! Thanks again, gentlemen, for your timely advice. I've got the fender off, though it's a might big to fit under the faucet...think I'll try my heat gun on "low" first.

Thanks!

Jack

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Hi all,

Thanks again! A minute or so with the old hair dryer and it slid right out. Now I just need a respite from this bizarre winter weather so I can prime and paint. :(

Once again this forum has given me answers I couldn't find elsewhere.

Many thanks,

Jack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.