Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I read the manual and it mentions how this can be removed without removing the carbs, but I dont' see how as there is a metal crossmember in the way of one of the screws. Should I attempt to take this bar off or remove the whole lot of carbs? 

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
imported post

just slide the carbs to the left a bit without disconnecting them (you'd have to remove the aircut valve anyway to get the carbs out). It will be accessible and out from behind the frame piece.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Idid it without removing the carbs by first removing the air filter housing and working from the top. The forward screw doesn't have a straight shot, but there's not too much of an angle and it should come out. Unless of course Honda made some big changes between yours and my '77.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
imported post

it's possible, but you can also lose the little screws. It's not too much trouble to unbolt the intakes and slide the carbs a bit, since the airbox is off anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
imported post

if you do not want to move the carbs, removing the airbox is the way I would go. To keep from dropping the screws, just use a magnetic wand (any autopart store for about 5.00). Just keep it beside the screws as you unscrew it. To put the screws back in, especially the top one, just rub the magnet against the screwdriver a few times to magnetize it. Then just screw it in. Taking the airbox out also gives you an excuse to go ahead and pint the airbox and clean it up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

don, thanks. I did already remove the airbox (dont' see any humanly possible way to even see the valve w/o doing at least that). I will try moving the carbs slightly. I thought initially I would have to remove the carbs completely in order to remove the valve. I'm glad they have enough "play" to just unbolt w/o taking off the linkages. 

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
imported post

just be careful not to strain the throttle/choke cables too much. /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/clapper.gif

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

thanks, mag and axel. I will be trying this today if the rain holds off.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Hi sanfelice. The boys are all correct, you just need to slide the carbs a small bit to get unrestricted access. You shouldn't have too much bother with this at all. Good luck. :waving:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.