Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok so I bought a 1981 Honda Goldwing GL1100 Interstate...it's a project bike and I am slowly getting her back to road worthy...here is my current delima...I am trying to take the mounting bracket (for the trunk) off and it's a wicked B! I am wanting to clean all the chrome and fiberglass (she has sat in someone's shed for the past four or five years and needs a good cleaning).If anyone knows how to do this please help! I have all the bolts removed and for some reason she is not wanting to let go of the damn thing!!!!!:lash:

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

the trunk comes off with 2 keyed latches they are at the back under the trunk. Hopefully you have the right ket

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

donlaubach wrote:
the trunk comes off with 2 keyed latches they are at the back under the trunk. Hopefully you have the right ket
Thanks! I got that part (took a little while the locks were a little frozen)but I am wanting to take the mounting bracket off (the part the trunk locks onto). But I am having trouble getting it off the screws. Just wondering if I am missing something.

·
Bob Cassel
386 Posts
imported post

There are a bunch of screws, bolts, etc. that connect the saddlebag and trunk mount frame to the bike. Some go through the fender, some are to the rear shocks, etc. And the frame itself has a spring to it just takes doing it all and then lifting the rear of the frame up, it should pivot on the upper shock mounts. I just looked at mine and it looks like connections at the top of the shocks, at a point about 2/3 back under the seat and one through the fender just above the tail lamp.

Make sure you have removed all the saddle bag components first, they tend to mux things up

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

bcassel wrote:
There are a bunch of screws, bolts, etc. that connect the saddlebag and trunk mount frame to the bike. Some go through the fender, some are to the rear shocks, etc. And the frame itself has a spring to it just takes doing it all and then lifting the rear of the frame up, it should pivot on the upper shock mounts. I just looked at mine and it looks like connections at the top of the shocks, at a point about 2/3 back under the seat and one through the fender just above the tail lamp.

Make sure you have removed all the saddle bag components first, they tend to mux things up
Thanks I have everything removed (hardware wise). It's getting hung up on some bolts that stick out directly behind the shock mounts. May try removing them from the underside. Thanks for all of your input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.