Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My foot has oil on it when I go out for a ride and have traced the leakto the Seal on the Foot Shifter. I purchased a new seal from my local Honda dealed but when I asked how to replaced it he said he did not know how to that I may have to split the case. There must be a way to pull it out with out spliting the case . Not much room for a seal puller to get into the area.

Any one have some Ideas or has anyone already replaced this seal could tell me how .

Thanks.

Sonnyboy

1981 GL1100I only 30,220 miles

I also had a fewwater dropfrom the weep hole a couple of times but it has now stoped after I replaces the thermostat and hoses, should I worry about this?

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

Hi Sonny...........that seal around the shifter shaft will come out. Just dig it out after removing the shift lever. You may be able to drive a screw into it and pull it out with the screw and pliers. Just push the new one in with a socket.

The water from the weep hole is a sign of failure of the o ring around the water pump,(the larger of the 2).... or the water pump itself. I would plan on replacing the whole pump and all orings and gaskets effected by the replacement job. This will require the front engine cover removal.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hello Dancinbear and thanks for the reply.
I had planed to try and pull it out but the screw sound like a plan, thanks again for the help.

Sonny

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,837 Posts
imported post

You might also use a right angled pick to pull it out.

I have an ice pick that I bent the end of it with pliers for digging things like that out of recesses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.