Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just got a set of used saddlebag lights that replace the reflectors. Where do the wires hook up? Do I need to drill a hole for the wiring? Thanks!!

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

I think most people do....however, I was able to run the wires directly into the space in front of the rear corner light without drilling holes... I did use a soldering iron to form a groove in the back of the side light black plastic backing so the lights would mount flush with the bag lid..

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

can you post a pic of what you have & where you want to put it???

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

These are just exact replacement only with bulbs in them. They fit the 'track' of stock reflectors. thanks. These have male plugs (2 wires) on them, but I don't find stock female receptors.

Thanks

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

They plug in inside the lower rear corner covers just under the rear box tail lights.

It is normal to make a hole for the wiring but if the plug is already on, you might be better off to make a slot like SDB did.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

I drilled a hole for mine and spliced the wires. I cable tied the wire to the hinge so it won't get snagged on the lid.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
imported post

They are not plug and play. They connect to the "brown" tail light and "green" ground wires for the tail lights on the saddlebags.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

thanks all. I must've gotten a bad set. They don't light up when running with tail lamps.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
imported post

Any chance you got a set of the Hondaline saddlebag lights. They did not have bulbs, rather the electroluminescence type lights. They had "bullet type" connectors on the wires and connected to an inverter box that came with them. Then the inverter box was plug and play to the bikes wiring. I have this type on my '99 Wing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.