Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Well, it is arranged for. Interesting note on pricing though.

In my last post, I stated that they priced it as:

hmmmm, https://www.1aamotorcycles.com/quote.php
This website did not fuss around with a bunch of mumbo jumbo, it presented me with a form and I filled in the dots and crossed the Ts.... it then gave me a flat price of $775 prepaid.
When I finally had an available shipping time for me, I then got back on their web site and the new quote was hundred bucks cheaper at $675.

I did not gripe, I just signed up.

All was going well until I noticed this blurb in an email.

Thank you for choosing A-A Motorcycle Transport. Your shipment has been
confirmed in our system and your order has been assigned Booking number :
SM9223

The trucking company selected for your shipment is Specialized Transport
Inc. The vehicle is expected to be picked up between 8/4/2014 and 8/8/2014.
Generally, the driver will contact origin approximately 6-24 hrs in advance.
In the event that the driver has not contacted origin by the last day shown
here 8/7/2014 please contact our office.
Huh? AA is just an agent, they are not a trucking company. What a bunch of hawg crap.

So, I looked up the company that's going to do the transport. It seems that they don't always do their own shipping either. They appear to be yet another agent.

http://www.crst.com/companies/specialized-transportation/

Oh well, at least it says "specialized" so we shall see just how specialized the truck looks when it gets to my house.

I will say one thing for 'AA' though. They keep you continually updated on everything that occurs, and they have a web page you can look up the "current status" of your freight.

This is part of an email I got from them today:

Ship from: Dawsonville, Georgia 30534
Ship to: Oologah, Oklahoma 74053
1991 Honda ST1100M/LMHello Mike Filimon,
Your shipping order has been updated to the following status: booked and paid!
Your final payment amount was $675
Thanks for giving our Company the opportunity to meet your transportation requirements.
Other Notes: Mike Filimon is a firefighter, available Wed 7/30, Mon 8/4 , Wed 8/6, Fri 8/8. Call for exact info xxx yyy zzzz Blue Ridge Overlook can accept a 18 whl trk parked on street, it is rural. Please talk with Mike.

I can't handle the heat anymore Dennis.... Ever since that 18 wheeler took me out, the accident destroyed the gland that controls my body temperature.

If I tried to ride that bike home, I would be sick in 30 minutes. It is all I can do to ride it to Owasso about 20 miles from here and get inside a cold building again. My days of laughing at the +115 degree Phoenix summer heat are long gone.... I did that everyday back when I lived there. Before that truck hit me.

I have to physically regulate my body temp by seeking the correct environment.

Like just now, I just came into the house after some weedeater work on out the front fence line against the highway in front of our home. I can work about 10 minutes and I am wringing wet with sweat.

If I don't sit down and find an air conditioner fast, I will croak and fast. that is why I am on the computer again.... immediately below a ceiling fan that is on 'high'.

My summer job for the county is driving a spray truck and watching the spray boom to see that it is precisely on the white line. That allows the proper amount of spray to kill grass and weeds that love to eat asphalt. That truck has a wonderful a/c unit.

I have to use the weedeater to make a 3 foot circle around the sign posts. that takes about two minutes, maybe 3 at the most. Then I am back in the truck under the cold air again.

that keeps my muscles working, getting out of the truck, swing the weedeater, climb back into that 1 ton dually (brother is it high up off the ground).

I enjoy it. Nothing too strenuous, gets me out of the recliner where I had been vegetating for the past four years. Not good for one's stamina for sure. Ask Cousin Jack about that.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.