Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK guys and gals, I gotta start planning my trip to Yellowstone park, I need help on what to see where to ride and where to stay. I know alot of you have done these trips so I'm looking for any and all angles. If you got a book or a map or points of interest or what ever, I'm all ears. I got two weeks from northeast Wisconsin to there and back, and I have been as far as custer S.D. already so I'm covered to there.

Will the bike ride well through the hills well enough comming from the flatland? I have heard about "Beartooth pass" what do I need to see, and how many of you can I meet along the way? Help the albino take his first great ride to the mighty west.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Your bike will do just fine on any paved road in the country and many gravel ones for that matter. Going to Yellowstone the roads are good no problem. Mountain passes aren't a problem though it can get cold, especiallyif it's raining. Don't over plan the trip. Load up and go for it small items you forget you can pick up enroute, most folks carry way to much stuff.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
imported post

Hey Albino. There are lots of things to see and do around Yellowstone. We have been there a couple of times and have been in or out of every entrance into the park except the main one from the north in Montana, which I hear is the one you need to see, LOL. Will have to make a trip back up there to see that one I guess. Beartooth Pass is great, but check the weather and road reports before you go that way. We were going to ride it on our first trip, checked the road reports that morning and they had 4 inches of fresh snow on the road and this was in late June! We stayed the first trip in Cody and did day rides out of there. The Chief Joseph Highway and The Bighorn mountains are great rides as well. Hope you enjoy your trip and above all, Ride safe!

Cobra

:15grey:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

Yellowstone is a very pretty area. I enjoyed theChief Joseph Highway the most of all the roads in the area...

They say a picture is worth a thousand words... so take a look at the link, I believe it says it all.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4130/ppuser/10163

"don't over plan" is very good advice. There is so much to see ... and the weather to contend with... both can zap the best laid plans.

We found Cody to be a good place to stay, with plenty of motels and places to eat. The ride into the park is very pretty and the Chief Joseph Highway and the Beartooth are an easy day ride North of Cody.

Good luck with your trip.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

We went over the Rockies last June, 14-15000 ft & no problems with 87 octane, no ethanol.

We had no real plan, but had 5 days to knock around...no schedule to keep.

I use a list for remembering things to take, the hardest part.

You can customizethis list& print it out: [hope it helps]

http://micapeak.com/checklists/mclist.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.