Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Not sure if this comes under the technical forum or events...but either way I need help.

In three weeks time it is my wifes birthday....Im too much of a gent to say how old she is, but I met her 20 yrs ago....on her thirtieth.

I have been listening attentively to all the hints she has been dropping over the last few months and I have all that sorted...what Im after is something that will surprise and please her no end.....so...any chance you could all have a word with your financial consultants (wives) and see if you could come up with summat that will make her happy...and score me brownie points. ( and for all the smart ar....alex's...divorce isnt an option).

Its the least Ican do seeing as she coughed up the money for my wing.....oh aye...and I love her as well.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Armitage Shanks :waving: My neighbours wife says to (1) buy her a new car, (2) a shopping trip to New York, and (3) some expensive jewellery. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

A professional portrait of you on your wing sounds very appropriate. With a discreet bauble, (Think carbon based, clear and very hard), casually hanging over the portrait.

A note that says:

For you my love, I have my wing.
For you my love, my heart sings.
For you my love, I cautiously ride.
For you my love, always at my side.

Flank the portrait with two candles and in the foreground have a crystal plate with rose petals floating in scented water. A flute of champagne, two glasses completes the picture.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

My "child bride" really enjoys a nice ride in the country on the back of our 92 SE trike with a quiet stop at an out of the way motel for whatever sort of "celebration" seems appropriate. A nice dinner afterward and then back to the room to relax. Luckily, she's not into fancy jewelry and other material things like that. She just loves spending time with her favorite, bald headed irishman. How lucky could I be?

Remember that you are never too old to enjoy your childhood.

John Maguire

Ontario, California (2 time visitor to mother Ireland)

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

My sweetie enjoys simple things - especially short jaunts out of town to cute little lodges, in the country if possible. That, a nice dinner, and a token that shows how much you cherish her are usually all I need.

Jack

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

The first thing that comes to mind is buy her her own Wing. Or a smaller bike like an ST. Of course, I don't know if she rides or not.

The next suggestion seems to work all the time for me. Tell her that your taking her out, to dress nice and be ready at ??? O'Clock. When she asks where are you taking her you tell her it's a surprise. I took my wife to Shania Twain concert. She loved it.

Does she like plays, or concerts? My friend and I treated our wives to a special evening. We toldthem to get dress up, rented a limousine for the night, went to a fancy restaurant and then to a play.

You want to surprise her. Then do just that. Plan it, but don't tell her anything. A drive up the coast to a small intimate restaurant or one you went to on your first date.

Of course, I bought my wife a new vehicle for her birthday two years ago, and last year she bought me my wing. I found the most important thing to do is treat them special everyday. I thank the Lord for the women I married

Just remember, Sincerity is the key to success. Once you learn how to fake sincerity, you'll do great. Just kidding.

Jerry

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

For my wife's birthday I let her leave the dishes in the sink after dinner and wash them the next day.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
imported post

I have to agree with Jerry. If she has every mention the desire to ride get her a Wing. I to have also surprised my wife with concerts. She still talks about them to this day.

Billy

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

jemaguire wrote:
She just loves spending time with her favorite, bald headed irishman.
Hey jemaguire :waving: Welcome to the forum. :clapper: Please update your profile and complete the LOCATION section and tell us where you live. :jumper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Lucky for ye guys that have wifes, :clapper:all i have is poor Shep and he never gets anywhere. :crying:

:stumped: :18red: :stumped:

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

Ya gotta show off in front of her friends/co-workers what a great guy you are. They like it when the people around them say "Oh what a sweet guy, I wish my husband was like that, you're lucky" And her face beams like the sun and her chest puffs out with pride till she almost snaps her bra. She'll be putty in your hands.

Send off a surprise, elaborate, bouquet of flowers with a gift as small as diamonds, or as large as keys to a vehicle. Have it delivered to her work at the busiest time of her day when lots are around.

While that's going on, sit back with a nice shot of scotch and a kickass cigar, close your eyes and envision the moment and realize you're as smoooooooth as that scotch you're drinking.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Lucky for ye guys that have wifes, :clapper:all i have is poor Shep and he never gets anywhere. :crying:

Hey Redwing:waving:Don't feel bad, I sent my picture to the lonely hearts club, then they sent it back to me and said they were not that lonely....

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

The say, "You have the right to be ugly".......but do you have to abuse it?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Ah, sorry REDWING but at least Shep is easy to please. He's been hanging around okay now once he got over that begging episode hasn't he?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Thank you all very much for your suggestions...all have been taken on board, even the ones where the author had quite obviously been drinking. Thanks again

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:

I guess that's why old shep runs for his life in the spring, when a mans fancy turns to love.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
imported post

BEING SERIOUS FOR 1 MINUTE NOW,i find a bunch of red roses(very expensive)set in a great spray from a good florist(no im not a florist trying to sell you them),and the icening on the cake a big diamond ring (real ice ), it works ive tried this!!!!BRI(1200 BIKES).;):D

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

Yes, with a red face. Spell checker didn't catch that one.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

Kyle wrote:
While that's going on, sit back with a nice shot of scotch and a kickass cigar, close your eyes and envision the moment and realize you're as smoooooooth as that scotch you're drinking.

Kyle
I'm assuming your referring to a nice Single Malt. I have some Sheep Dip at home. "Yes it's called Sheep Dip". It's a good 12 year old single malt. For Special occasion like,a Tuesday or the sun rose today, an 18 year old Glen is nice.

Jerry :cheeky1:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.