Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey guys I hope someone can help. The problem is with the passenger footpegs. My wife has a problem with her legs bothering her after a 100 miles or so I have a 95 Interstate and her's are just the pegs and she cannot change the position> I know they make Floorboards that have a push up pedal that will raise the foot and leg about 4 inches but they say it will not fit the Interstate. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to make her more comfortable as we are planning several long trips this year.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
imported post

Royak

On my 1997 SE the passenger footplates (not pegs) rise up approximately 100mm, this is standard on the SE. There is a lever under the left side cubby hole under the rear speaker that operates these via cables, it is either up or down there is no other adjustment.

I have seen them advertised on E bay when someone is breaking a bike.

You can probably get them new, I think they will be expensive.

Hope this helps

Terry

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Terry the ones that fit an SE will not fit on the Interstate at least that is what they say I am watching a set like you described right now on ebay really cheap with the cables and all,but I am afraid they can't be made to fit. Mine didn't come with floorboards it came with pegs can I install floorboards easily or will I have to drill or something. Here is a link to the ones I am watching.

http://i16.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/2e/66/d76f_2.JPG

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

The ones I have on my 81 gl1100 fit over the regular footpegs they fold up or down so the passenger has a choice of footpegs or floorboards,,,,,,,,,, I have these for the passenger only! I use the WIDE pegs up front that came on the 83's and the 1200's..... very nice...

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
imported post

Royak: Kuryakyn makes a set that has a peg that flips up to change the foot opsition.

http://www.chromeworld.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=401&categoryID=109

Here is a set on e-bay much cheaper. I'm getting ready to buy a set for my wife. She has the same problem even with standard floorboards.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Motorcycle-Parts-Accessories__1990-UP-HONDA-GL1500-FLOORBOARDS-NEW_W0QQitemZ390017264013QQadiZ2863QQadnZMotorcycleQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
imported post

Royak

If the ones on E bay are really cheap is it worth taking a chance and buying them and adapt them to fit. I am a keen DIY'r and would think you should be able to fabricate some brackets to make them fit.

Even if that fails you could always sell them again on E bay.

I have never fitted after market floorboards so cannot help on this I am sure someone will join to offer help.

Terry

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks guys for the replys I won the ones on ebay for 58.00 shipping and all I dont think that was too bad and like stated I should be able to amke something that will work you can check them out in the above link

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

royak wrote:
Thanks guys for the replys I won the ones on ebay for 58.00 shipping and all I dont think that was too bad and like stated I should be able to amke something that will work you can check them out in the above link
My guess is that they will fit fine... but there is a release mechanism and lever on the SE that will not be there on the Interstate, but again, a little ingenuity and I am sure you can find a way to make them work.. Jim

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Yes, Be sure and let us know how you fit them to your Interstate.

And Please take pictures for us slow ones.. grin

I made offset brackets out of polished 1/8" stainless for my wife who is Vertically Challenged.

As her legs bothered her after awhile in the saddle.

Brackets worked great, But it's a pain to removed the side covers with them on.

They raised the Floorboards on My Aspy 4.5" inches up and still were strong enough for my to jump up and down on.

Good Luck to ya.

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

If and when I can get to working on them I will let you guys know. Sometimes I can be a little mechanically challenged. LOl

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
imported post

Royak

When you are going to do it post a request for help I am sure someone nearby will come to your rescue.

Good luck

Terry

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

T.Hambley wrote:
Royak

When you are going to do it post a request for help I am sure someone nearby will come to your rescue.

Good luck

Terry

Terry I wish I was that lucky There is no one close to me so I guess I am pretty much on my own with help from here. Roy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.