Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Working on replacing the WP and oil seal in my 86 1200 Aspy and I think I have messed up

I was putting the cover back on and using a rubber mallet I gently tapped on it to get it to set on the line up pins, well it looks as though the neutral switch wasn't lined up right because it bent one side of the pin and appears to have broke some of the plastic housing internaly

I can get it to go through all the gears and show neutral by grounding it and turning it by hand, but when I align it and get it into the cradle properly it keeps showing it's in first and if I lift the shiter toward second I can get neutral to light up

I have tried over and over to line it up with no luck

it took a few times to figure out the trick to get it to align with the craddle but I think I'm doing it right

is there somthing I'm missing or did I kill it :?

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

so I went back and looked it over some more and determined I definatly broke the switch

Oh well live and learn

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

When you get the new switch take note of the fact that the metal pin sticks out more on one side than the other. Have a look at the end of the shift drum it should be obvious which side gets the long end of the pin. Shift bike into neutral (verify by turning wheel) and then align switch with key on till the neutral light comes on (front cover grounded)-no mallets this time!

:smiler:

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yeah I wish I had tried to test fit it first, Icould have saved myself all this.
I guess that what happens when you get in a hurry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.