Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

i have a 07 1800, am 6'1' tall i have the kuryakyn ergo ll highway pegshad to put the pegs down low to have my leg extended well i was leaning to much and broke the peg off.the question i have is do i buy the same pegs or buy something else. does anyone have the MickOpegs, and if you do, do you like them. need some input.

thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

I think Mick-O-Pegs are the best accessory I ever added to my Goldwing.

I tried the Kury pegs in many positions with different length legs and I was never comfortable. Now that I have the Mick-O-Pegs I can ride all day.

If your concern is comfort not style, I don't think you can go wrong with the Mick-O-Pegs.

If you would like sit on my bike and see how the mick-o-pegs feel, Baldwin isn't too far away, I'm sure we could work something out.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

I have Mick-o-Pegs and Kuryakyn highway boards. The boards were ergo 2 but I modified them to mount on the verticle portion of the guard. Kuryakyn does make three lengths for the arms the pegs mount on. 6", 4.5" and mini about 1.5". The standard length they ship the pegs with is 6". However you would have to consider your wind wings if any as shorter arms will allow you to stretch out but will bring your legs higher. Mick-o-pegs come in variations as well. I use both my highway boards and the mick-o-pegs switching off now and then. I'm 5'9", perhaps some taller members have found better solutions.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

aht_six

i have the kuryukyn floorboards would the mick-o-pegs get in the way of the floorboards

i might have to take you up onyour offer.

thanks, rich

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

I also have the Mick-O-Pegs, but mine mount to the vertical bar and the footpeg is turned to the outside. I got the legs with the heavy spring andmounted a Kuryakyn peg. I like the looks of the one "3rdwing" shows in his picture better than mine... but if you have a big foot like I do, it can be a problem getting back on the regular peg.

Mine work very well for me ... they made a huge difference during my 3,000 mile summer trip.

If you have a problem deciding which style to buy ... Jim Mick is very good to work with ... He sent me the setup to try 4 different positions ... I sent back what I didn't need.

Bob

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

wingerrb wrote
i have the kuryukyn floorboards would the mick-o-pegs get in the way of the floorboards
I'm don't know if the floorboards would interfere or not. There are many styles of MOP, I would think you could find one that fits your needs.

I started off with the model GF pegs mounted on the vertical bar. The peg position was great but the left valve cover would cook my calf. I met up with Jim Mick at a rally and explained my problem. He had me try several other styles and I decided to switch to the model KD pegs. Jim's guys removed my old pegs and mounted the new ones on my bike, no charge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.