Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Memory
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What is this all about? I have a small module(#2 in the photo)that isnt in the shop manual and the blue wire(#3 in the photo)is going to that module. In the manual the blue wire goes to the fuel pump connector (#1 in the photo). Any Ideas what this modification does? Note I am postin the manual diagram in the next post, see below.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

Maybe a noise filter for the CB or stereo. Someone should be along shortly that can positivity identify it.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

I take it the gauge works. #2 almost looks like a relay of some kind, but have no idea why it would be there. No doubt somebody has added something to the system. I wonder if they didn't put a different sending unit into the tank.

Interesting.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi fireman its the noise filter for the cb to stop you hereing the pump runing

·
Senior Memory
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

cycleman wrote:
I take it the gauge works. #2 almost looks like a relay of some kind, but have no idea why it would be there. No doubt somebody has added something to the system. I wonder if they didn't put a different sending unit into the tank.

Interesting.
Yea, the fuel gauge works and I am not sure about my fuel light as I have not run it that low yet. I guess as long as it works it doesnt really matter, just curious if I was being tracked by Aliens or something!:cheeky1:

·
Senior Memory
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

agnogel wrote:
hi fireman its the noise filter for the cb to stop you hereing the pump runing
You sound pretty sure about that so I will go with a noise suppressor! Thanks. I still dont understand why a wire is no longer attached to the #1 terminal on the fuel tank module. Maybe that fuel light wont work when I get too low!:hovering::alco:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.