Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I did a search but didn't find what I think I need:

I have an '86 Interstate with stock Panasonic radio (no dolby, maybe a II?) and intercom. It has one short base-loaded whip antenna on a SS stalk.

I just won from ePay what looks like a complete CB set up taken off another GL1200.
Looking at the photo, it includes a remote box (with the radio in it, I assume), a large hand-held multi-function controller, lotsa wires (including what looks like intercom wires), small speakers (to fit in my helmet, I assume) and something that looks like a boom mike.

I've seen the circuits printed out but have difficulty translating line drawings to actual thingies.:(

Do I have what I need to add CB to my existing system?
Do I need a separate, dedicated antenna?

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Do you have any pics you can post?

If it has an antenna splitter you would just need to make sure your existing antenna is a CB antenna.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Post the ebay link for the auction. If it's been less than 30 days since you bought it the page will still come up for me. That looks like an aftermarket kit, most of the OEM honda cb kits use the headset mics and not a handheld mic.

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

From what I see it looks like an old Audiovox modified CB,had controls in hand mic, old J&M headsets. Cannot tell who's modification it is without better images. After looking at image better I believe it is a car CB, pretty sure it came out of a 79 or 80 Lincoln, that has an over ride function that cuts out theexternal speakerswhen the squelch is broken. It is not modified for the GL 1200 in any way. Has nothing to do with the headsets, uses the hand mic for all of the functions.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Yea, Wayne, it reminds me of the jury-rigged system my brother just pulled out of an 83 Interstate fairing. I gave him my old Clarion 1 system to put back on the bike since I upgraded to a clarion 2 system. That Clarion 1 system still works great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.