Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello all,
I am hoping that all the smart folks on here can help me again. I can not find a thermostat for my 77 1000. All the bike dealers have closed down around me, I would have to go over 100 miles round trip to get one. What I was wondering was, is there one for a car that matches the size and temp as the one the bike calls for? I have a lot of part stores around, but none cross ref parts for bikes. I have looked on line and many on eBay are used, I really don't see the point in doing all that work to put a used one in. I have also had problems the last few times I've order things from sites, like wrong parts or just waiting a month to get the stuff.
What started all this was the bike sat for a few years, and when we got it running, it ran like crap. We figured we would replace the timing belts and rebuild the carbs. What we found was a bent valve in the left head which was checked and replaced along with all new rubber, well heads and new belts are back on, but it's still not running right. We are going to adjust all the valves and check the compression and if that does not help than back to the carbs. The left side carbs seem to be working, but nothing happens when we try to adjust them. Starting to think I may change the whole crabs setup out for the one carb conversion. If anyone knows of a poorboy setup, please let me know. Really at a total lose about the whole thing, the bike ran great before it sat. I know that letting it sit was a crime, but life got in the way of enjoyment.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

tmac1973 wrote:
I can not find a thermostat for my 77 1000
Thermostat cross reference (From Randakk's site):

NAPA #101
STANT #13868
Carquest #32438H

Honda (automobile) #19300BP2024

The stock carb setup ran for years till they got boogered up. Regarding the single carb setup - some have gotten them to work pretty well.

Whodid you get the carb rebuild kit from?

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

the 1000 and 1100 thermostat are the same i believe.

pin hole (air bleed ) to the top.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

thanks guys, and lucky me there is a napa right down the road from me. as far as where the crab kit came from. i am not sure, my bother ordered them while i was away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.