Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

ok i am new here and have a ? i have a 78 gold wing with a windjammer i think also under another vetter lol well i am try to remeve the old fm radio and install a new one and don't have a clue how to get the old one out colud some one help please

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

Hey alpha_omega757

[align=center]:waving:Welcome to the Finest GoldWing Forum on the World Wide Web!:waving:[/align]

[align=left]I had a 79 with a windjammer fairing but I cannot for the life of me remember how to get the radio out. I am sure that some of the other members will be along shortly to help you out. There is a wealth if info on this site. There is also a lot of fun to be had.[/align]

[align=left]Welcome and have fun! :waving:[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Redwing will be along shortly to give you your "Official Welcome" :clapper::clapper::clapper:[/align]

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum alpha_omega757. :waving: :waving: :waving:I went out and looked at mine but it is no help. It is a aftermarket radio and mounts from the front. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
imported post

The radio in my Vetter fairing could be romoved by popping off the speaker covers and removing the speakers. Then you will see some screws that hold the entire assembly to the fairing. There also may be some braces on each end that connect to the windshield bolts. Remove the assembly (careful with the wiring) and change the radio on the bench. That's how mine was. I hope yours is similar.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

alpha_omega757 wrote:
ok i am new here and have a ?
Hey alpha_omega757 :waving: GREETINGS

to the Best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

I had a '76 with fairing. If I remember right, there was a hole behind the headlight that I used to access the radio. Can't remember if it was a stock setup or not.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

I just put a Pioneer CD player in My 81 Vetter Cycle sound, and like Dadoo said, Take the speakers off, inside you will find small bolts on the front lower right and left side of the Cycle sound, also you should have the small Brackets that you can see from the outside that attach to the C bolts on the windshield. Only the top portion of the cycle sound is attached to the Fairing.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

If the radio has nobs for tuning etc, pull the nobs off to expose the tuner & on/off shafts.. Each shaft has a thin lock nut on it.. Remove the nuts and the face plate will come off.. That should expose the mount brackets and wiring harness when you pull the radio out towards you.. All the older fairings were different in design because they were somewhat universal in design to fit multiple applications..

All the guys have the right suggestions, so take the all into perspective.. one of them is bound to work... good luck..

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Thats the way I've seen them as well. Off with the complete housing and take the radio out the back (4 screws holding it in place).

Dadoo wrote:
The radio in my Vetter fairing could be romoved by popping off the speaker covers and removing the speakers. Then you will see some screws that hold the entire assembly to the fairing. There also may be some braces on each end that connect to the windshield bolts. Remove the assembly (careful with the wiring) and change the radio on the bench. That's how mine was. I hope yours is similar.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

thanks to all of you on the reply got the radio out installed the new one and works great again thank to all of you

Michael

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.