Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

I wish they had a better website... I would like to see specs and perfomance data. I dont see it yet... They say better Mpg than a hybrid, but hybrid Cadillac or prius? Theres a big difference.

Interesting product, though.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Saw these at Wing Ding back in July, wasn't impressed. Cost too much even with the high gas mileage they claim it gets. I didn't even bother with a demo ride they offered. Major components are made by Ford so if Ford fails who will they use for a supplier for future models?

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
imported post

They should just call it a mini car. I wouldnt consider riding IN that a trike as far as Im concerned.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
imported post

Looked at their spec sheet

1742 lbs

5 speed auto tranny w/ reverse

Ford 2.3 liter engine

and a STEERING WHEEL !!

If I am going to spend $32,995 , plus taxes and freight, I would go buy a good used Corvette, it has a steering wheel too!!

Their rally schedule is mostly GW events. I am sure that this thing will appeal to some but is this productsomething thatwill be successfully sold to trike buyers??

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Not for this hardened wing rider....maybe for a weak kneed brother inlaw :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

It's not a two wheeler made into a three. It has a steering wheel (another negative) it just won't feel like a trike (from experience). It's a softop less a front wheel.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

They were at Wing Ding 2007 too. Everyone that sat in it said it was not at all comfortable and was hard to get in and out of. Add to that the reliability of Ford products and it's not a winner in my book. JMHO

John

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
imported post

Saw quite a few of these on display at the Rally in the Valley, Salem Virginia. Neat to look at, fun to talk about, but they remind me of the old Volkswagon Beetles with the roof cut off. Cheaper and more practical to just buy a Ford Focus since it's a Ford under the hood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.