Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Just dragged home a 78. Like most of these projects this one looked better in pictures but after going over it today I'm still happy with the purchase. I like the look and the price was right. Can't wait to see it with the Superwedge on it. I just got through doing the carbs and installing a sidecar on a friends 75. It reminded me how much I liked the GL's I've had in the past so now I have another. First off I found about six quarts of oil in it. Next I removed the carbs for a quick look and discovered three and four had no "pucks" and four of the float bowl screws have been replaced with one self tapping and three sheet metal screws.:shock: About this time I discovered one drain plug broken off. Oh yeah. Forgot to mention the lack of the "push" cable to the carbs!:D

Then I get on here to check the for sale section and run into the single carb thread! Now four and a half hours later my dog is whining because she should have been fed two hours ago and only part of the laundry is done and I still have to clean up the mess in the shop.

Nice full moon out tonight if a bit chilly but I think I'll fire up the old Guzzi and go for a ride. Helps calm the nerves.:waving:

·
Administrator
27,898 Posts
imported post

You could probably pick up a set of rebuildable carbs off ebay pretty cheap if you don't decide to go with the single carb.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

No need to bother with eBay. I have a set off a 77 you can have for $50 shipping included. They will definitely need to be rebuilt, and to of the little white plastic caps are missing. But you could just use a couple from your existing set. If you want some pictures just let me know and I'll take a few.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Broke Winger

Just realized I forgot to let you know I received the carbs ok. Thanks a lot. Now maybe I can get the 78 to run. B:action:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.