Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode Honda bikes when I was younger, but never had the pleasure of riding a Goldwing, although I always envied those who did. So recently, I was gifted a 1983 GL1100 that is in fair shape, just needing some TLC.
While loading it onto a trailer, found out the hard way that I'm too short in the inseam for the wide ride of a Goldwing, when it stalled out going up the ramp. Saved the bike from any scrapes, but ended up with an impressive scar down my calf. Still, I'm determined to tame this beast, so I'm doing my own trike conversion using the rear subframe and S13 differential from an older 240SX. Still looking into adding reverse with a planetary gearbox.

·
Premium Member
12,694 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the forum family . The 83 1100 is a great machine and very reliable if given proper routine maintenance. Your trike project sounds very interesting . Especially the addition of reverse to the drive line. I hope this all works out as you go thru the build process. Please do keep us informed on the progress and perhaps share photos of the build.

·
Premium Member
58,949 Posts
Hallo S13 GL1100Trike

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts